The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wet lockers

+4
inspiredron
CC
roli
panders
8 posters

Go down

Wet lockers Empty Wet lockers

Post by panders Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi everyone

We're starting to review our thoughts on getting a nuevo because of the lack of internal storage to stow things like muddy wellies, wet jackets etc and were veering towards models with a internal garage but they obviously add at least half a metre in length and it does not appear like Autosleeper do one. I have heard the words "wet locker" mentioned but I wonder if someone could let me know what this is or post a photo of one? I assume its an externally accessed storage chamber for wet things.....but tell me if I am wrong! Do all nuevo's have them or just some models? For those of you with Nuevo's who go walking and travel with dogs, how do you cope with storage of wet/dirty items? I know we could consider boxes but we would want a bike rack and not sure if you can have both?

Many thanks
Pamela
panders
panders

Female

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : not yet

Back to top Go down

Wet lockers Empty Re: Wet lockers

Post by roli Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Would need to have a look at the Nuevo (depends on variant) but you could consider a Genie Box if there is space. (some where on the forum there is pics of one on our old Exec)

On some vans the underfloor storage is just that (like Windsor/Sigma etc) and is handy as a wet locker where as the inbuilt current style takes you to under bed storage which is not what you want.

Another option which may work out cheaper believe it or not is to do away with a pair of gas cylinders and fit either a GasIt or Gaslow refillable and then use the space gained for your wellies

Third suggestion (tongue in cheek) is move to a country where you dont need wellies (LOL hugegrins )
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 pm

panders wrote:Hi everyone

We're starting to review our thoughts on getting a nuevo because of the lack of internal storage to stow things like muddy wellies, wet jackets etc and were veering towards models with a internal garage but they obviously add at least half a metre in length and it does not appear like Autosleeper do one. I have heard the words "wet locker" mentioned but I wonder if someone could let me know what this is or post a photo of one? I assume its an externally accessed storage chamber for wet things.....but tell me if I am wrong! Do all nuevo's have them or just some models? For those of you with Nuevo's who go walking and travel with dogs, how do you cope with storage of wet/dirty items? I know we could consider boxes but we would want a bike rack and not sure if you can have both?

Many thanks
Pamela

Hi Pamela

Which model of Nuevo you were considering Series-I / Series-II / Series-III (latest Nuevo model) ???

Our Nuevo Series II has stacks of storage, the wet locker we have is pictured here and provides considerable storage for us. It goes from just behind the rear door to the inside of the rear wheel and we keep our hook up leads, silver screens, water containers and a lot more in here. If you just want an external locker for waterproofs and wellies etc then this would be more than adequate.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you look above the open wet locker you will see another external entry locker which when open gives you access to the entire underbed area, this has a vinyl floor so again could be used for wellies and stuff. In ours we keep 2x large chairs, a fold out table, a barbeque, bag of charcoal, blankets, portable gas hob, flag poles and flags, and god knows what else!

Additional storage can be obtained in the gas locker which is absolutely massive as it easily holds 2x 6kg gas bottles with ease, the empty side I keep our Fiamma jumbo levelers and have made a plywood box to accommodate toilet fluids, fenwicks cleaners, wash bush, 1ltr oil top up and loads of other bits and pieces. You could also store a couple of pairs of wellies in the gas locker with no problem whatsoever.

The bathroom on the Series II is also spacious and you could hang wet jackets in here to dry off, with the blown air heating directed into the bathroom it gets very warm and would dry them out easily.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Me & MrsCC travel with a dog and have never found storage to be an issue, it feels odd traveling with half of our internal storage space half empty despite taking more clothing and bits and pieces than we have ever used and this is despite covering at least 7k+ over the last year.

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by panders Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:35 pm

thanks so much for the replies, moving country is an attractive option but I think we'll stick with Plan A for now!

CC we were hoping for a Mark II if we can find one we can afford, we had a look at a 2003 Mark I but found it uninspiring. We love the length and layout of the Nuevo and your helpful post definately helps in alleviating some of our concerns about storage! many thanks!

Pamela
panders
panders

Female

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : not yet

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:56 pm

You don't want a 2012 series model. When we ordered ours we specified the 2011 body because the 2012 body omitted the wet locker and also put a moon roof skylight above the cab which removed the 3 lockers above the cab. The centre of those takes duvet, 4 pillows and the TV while the lockers to either side take our spare linen and towels plus dressing gowns. We would never have managed without those 3 lockers and the wet locker. content

Interestingly, I see that A/S have reintroduced the wet locker for 2013 and have put in an underfloor gas tank which will double the available space in the offside bed locker by losing the gas locker intrusion. Let's hope that they have located the leisure battery intelligently! rolleyes They still have the moon roof over the cab - a mistake in my view.
inspiredron
inspiredron

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:09 pm

I agree inspiredron I thought they were stupid not to include a wet locker in the newer models, that omission in it's self along with the newer streamlined skirts would have been enough to put us off buying the newer model if we were to upgrade. I find the wet locker so useful that I wouldn't like to be without one on another van. I personally also prefer the chunky GRP grey skirts as fitted to your Lancashire and our Nuevo which just give it that chunky robust look.

I think Auto-Sleepers think they make the vehicle too bulky and less streamlined, which makes me wonder if they are listening to the same ASOC members who whinged about the series II being too wide hence Auto-Sleeper making the narrower Nuevo classic which (IMO - no offense to anyone) style wise doesn't impress me too much.

Pamela... if you want any more photos of the interior lockers or storage let me know and I will put a few more on for you.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by murph Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi CC,
Thanks for the photo, I am intending to build a wet locker on our van as AS didnt fit one, and I think their idea as shown by your photo is better than my own. Starting work was delayed by the weather at this time of the year but I am now glad it did. I will post a photo of mine when it is completed.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Wet lockers Empty wet lockers

Post by happyhelen Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Very interesting reading about who keeps what where!
We dont have a wet locker (Mark 1 Nuevo). We appreciate the toilet / shower room for drying wet stuff but a locker you can access from outside would have been great (next time maybe).
May be going off the thread and I think you have to keep to the subject but everyone seems to keep bedding in the overcab locker. Where do you all keep your clothes or is it just me that takes too many??

HH
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi Helen.... We use our overhead locker for our pillows and a few items of clothing at each side, we don't keep bedding in there as we have a pair of the Duvalay's which we stand in the bathroom which works well for us. Any other clothing is kept in the front over cab side lockers, and of course the wardrobe.

Did you get any further with the wet locker mod / idea Murph? Sorry but somehow missed your post until just now.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:11 am

I somehow missed the contents of this post. CC if you pass on to your goodlady the photos inside of your van looks immaculate in comparison to when I saw it she has done a good job. (presume it was she and not you hugegrins hugegrins ) mrs roli was not happy the way the van had been put on display prior to you buying it cleanliness wise.

Brian (murph) have you had the jigsaw out yet ?? I cringed when the Genie Box was fitted to out old Exec !!
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi Roli....... No the cleaning of the Nuevo is my domain not MrsCC's hoover_smiley11 it was just unloved when we got it and hadn't been properly valeted by Spinneys. Spent a few hours cleaning it after getting it home vaxed all the carpets and gave it a good Hoover and it came up like new, think we were really lucky getting one so clean and in such good condition compared to others we've seen big thumbs up

Perhaps Murph will update us on his locker, not a task I'd like to tackle myself.... Be too scared twiddle_thumbs

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by murph Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi Roli and CC,
I have no intention of making a serious start on the outside locker yet, too darned cold, I doubt it will be started before at least March, as of course I have to work outside. Only inside jobs with the ultraheat running at this time of the year.

Brian2

murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Don't blame you Brian, not really a job for this time of year.... But keep us posted when you make a start in the Spring up!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 4matt Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:57 am

Am interseting thread, Thanks guys. I have a Nuevo on my wish list and like many want external lockers for wet gear and site gear. So the mark two has now moved up my list..

Can I just ask, Are the bench seats in the EK long enough to use as single beds or do you have to use the cab seats as with some other AS MH's... We have not seen one yet as our local dealer hasn't had one in since we have been looking.

Many thanks

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Eton

Back to top Go down

Wet lockers Empty Re-Wet Lockers

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi Matt
If your in the Bridlington area, your welcome to come and have a look at my 09 Nuevo EK E/S, it might give you an better idea on where every thing is and have a brew. wave
Boaby

pm. me if you want
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi 4matt

Yes you do have to use the cab seats to use the beds in 2x single configuration, its not really a big deal and only takes a few seconds but if im honest this is the one and only critism of the Nuevo and it would be perfect if the bench seats were another couple of feet longer so you could use the van without using the cab seats, this is one of the reasons we are interested in upgrading to a Broadway in the future as the bench seats appear longer.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 4matt Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 am

CruizingComet wrote:Hi 4matt

Yes you do have to use the cab seats to use the beds in 2x single configuration, its not really a big deal and only takes a few seconds but if im honest this is the one and only critism of the Nuevo and it would be perfect if the bench seats were another couple of feet longer so you could use the van without using the cab seats, this is one of the reasons we are interested in upgrading to a Broadway in the future as the bench seats appear longer.

CC

Thank you, how much longer is the broadway to Nuevo we may look into that too......

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Eton

Back to top Go down