The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loading of wall lockers in Broadway EK

2 posters

Go down

Loading of wall lockers in Broadway EK Empty Loading of wall lockers in Broadway EK

Post by Quilter Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:56 am

I'm getting fed up with scrabbling about on my knees to get pans, slow cooker, coffee pot and electric kettle from either the under cooker storage space or the awkward cupboard by the back door ( the door of which opens on the left)

They would all fit very conveniently in the wall locker above the microwave/ cocktail cabinet. The pans and kettle are quite light and the slow cooker only a small one but am I asking too much of this upper locker to put these heavier items in it ?  The lock seems very secure and I'd put non-slip matting to stop them moving about.  Do others store pans etc there ?

Thanks
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Loading of wall lockers in Broadway EK Empty Re: Loading of wall lockers in Broadway EK

Post by daisy mae Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:52 pm

No,  I store my pans, kettle etc in the kitchen cupboard it has a shelf so not on the floor, I don`t put heavy items in the top lockers, better to keep at lower level, on the floor in the cupboard I have two 5ltre water containers and the container with kibble dog food, under the cooker, small brush and pan set, 2 cat litter trays stacked , for washing my dogs paws when muddy, and inside those two dog bowls.

I cannot kneel either put I can cope with that configuration without  kneeling .hope you can sort it out to make it easier for you, nothing worse than struggling.

Have you thought of changing your kitchen cupboard to have sliding drawers think there is a thread on here somewhere  by someone who has done a fantastic job, I would love that but not capable of doing it now.
Regards,
Margaret

Have a look at this .I think it is brilliant, keep scrolling down to the bottom.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by daisy mae on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put in a link)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Loading of wall lockers in Broadway EK Empty Re: Loading of wall lockers in Broadway EK

Post by Quilter Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:18 pm

I love the look of some of those drawers Margaret but the cupboard space we have is quite small and a chunk is taken up with the safe.  We've got drawers, under the sink, though we have had quite a lot of problems with them flying open as we drive and, since only the bottom one can rest on the floor when that happens, the others are getting a bit distorted. I really can only put packets in them not anything more substantial.  

I've been havering about taking the slow cooker at all as, if it is stored under the bed then its a faff to get it out, but I really do like to use it in winter when we are more likely to be on hook up. Lovely to come back from a walk to a cosy van smelling of a good casserole !
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down