The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Hook Up.

5 posters

Go down

Electric Hook Up. Empty Electric Hook Up.

Post by bikeralw Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:31 pm

Only having a small van with an ample solar panel we rarely see the need to have EHU when on a site in the UK.
We don't carry a TV or microwave.
 Fridge, water heating and occasional cooking, plus maybe the space heater for a few minutes on a cold morning, is all done with gas. So our electricity usage is usually no more than lights and phone charging.
Anyhow it's got me wondering what the cost of hook up will be when the price increases kick in.
I read that the average charge at present is about £4 per night. Does this mean we can expect £12+ next year...? 
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Electric Hook Up. Empty Re: Electric Hook Up.

Post by Askit Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:20 am

It's inevitable that site prices will rise to meet the costs of rising fuel tariffs. We've already experienced it on a couple of sites, one had notices saying electricity charges were going up because of the rise in gas prices  scratch head Can't blame the site owners but, like everything, there will be a threshold that some will not pay beyond. I think the recovering tourist industry may be in for another kick in the teeth.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:34 am

Site fees will inevitably rise: they are obliged to incorporate the electricity fee in the pitch fee, and that electricity cost is shooting up. Call me a cynic, but I'm sure that many organisations, in different trades including tourism, will hike their overall prices on the back of the increase in fuel costs.

I've just booked 3 nights in Pembrey CAMC for 3 adults and 2 chidren, at £180.00.And that's before CAMC raise their prices to reflect the expected further increase in their fuel costs.  I shudder to contemplate a fortnight away, plus diesel plus food and drink, and entertainments / rides for the kiddies.

It's bound to knock tourism - after all, a holiday is not an essential.  The warnings of recession are evident, but Ms Truss seems not to heed them.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:38 am

Most of my travels in the motorhome tend to by on rallies either ASOC or CAMC 

This is fine during the late spring, summer and early autumn.

I think if was planning attending rallies in the colder months I would consider the option of a generator converted for LPG use

Just a thought.

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:30 am

It would prove to be extremely unreliable if used anywhere within my hearing!!!! censored! innocent
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

orac likes this post

Back to top Go down