The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma combi warning symbol

4 posters

Go down

Truma combi warning symbol Empty Truma combi warning symbol

Post by jetty Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:40 pm

Had the Nuevo over 3 years. I might be imagining a problem?

Been away for a few days and heating and hot water working fine. Back home now and just noticed a warning triangle on the Truma control panel This disappears if I turn on the van control panel (top left hand button). Is that how it should be?

The warning triangle before turning on the van control panel took me to an error code W255 H (no connection between heating system and control panel  or defective control panel cable).

I googled the error code and there is plenty of reference to it and possibly to checking the 12v fuses. The handbook states quote"the fuse is in the electronics beneath the connection cover". There is an illustration and I cannot locate anything like it. TBH I didn't have clue where to look.

Am I making a mountain out os a mole hill? Will that triangle always be there until the van control panel is turned on? Everything this weekend worked perfectly on hook up.
jetty
jetty
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Truma combi warning symbol Empty Re: Truma combi warning symbol

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Yes is short answer, it is a warning that van 12v electrics are not switched on.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jetty Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:17 pm

Thanks very much. So all it is , is turning  on the van control panel..no bigger issues?? I could do with an idiots guide as to how these things work.
jetty
jetty
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:02 pm

jetty wrote:Thanks very much. So all it is , is turning  on the van control panel..no bigger issues?? I could do with an idiots guide as to how these things work.
Join the rest of us.    hugegrins
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:09 pm

the 'usual' Combi error conditions arise when certain actions arent performed in the right sequence...
the most obvious one is to remove one of the power sources (12v, 230v, gas) before turning off the unit at the control panel.
the easiest way to avoid these errors, which can be a pain, is to turn off the Combi fully at the Control panel by pushing the round control knob and holding it until the unit says OFF....BEFORE pulling put the mains, turning off the gas or turning off the 12v (by turning off the van control panel).
its something ive always done and never had an error in 6 years with two vans fitted with CP plus.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:12 pm

bolero boy wrote:the 'usual' Combi error conditions arise when certain actions arent performed in the right sequence...
the most obvious one is to remove one of the power sources (12v, 230v, gas) before turning off the unit at the control panel.
the easiest way to avoid these errors, which can be a pain, is to turn off the Combi fully at the Control panel by pushing the round control knob and holding it until the unit says OFF....BEFORE pulling put the mains, turning off the gas or turning off the 12v (by turning off the van control panel).
its something ive always done and never had an error in 6 years with two vans fitted with CP plus.
Yes I agree, but some of us old boys do forget to do as you have never done in 6 years and just switch off, I often get the triangle and have to press the reset then all is well. 

You soon get used to the reset and no harm done.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:29 pm

Richard, i had 6 years experience with pre CP Plus Combis prior to the last two vans. the CP plus is a great move forward but some of the errors arent quite as easy to shift as others, as in this link.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
IMV, its better not to get them in the first place by simply turning the unit OFF before pulling the EHU, turning off the 12v or the LPG.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:24 am

bolero boy wrote:Richard, i had 6 years experience with pre CP Plus Combis prior to the last two vans. the CP plus is a great move forward but some of the errors arent quite as easy to shift as others, as in this link.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
IMV, its better not to get them in the first place by simply turning the unit OFF before pulling the EHU, turning off the 12v or the LPG.
Thanks for your answer, was waiting for it smile!
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down