The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma Combi 6 E PCB change

3 posters

Go down

Truma Combi 6 E PCB change Empty Truma Combi 6 E PCB change

Post by marconi Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:49 am

There has been a lot of confusion regarding the Error Code 514 and the need to remove the small cover on the boiler to press a reset button to clear it. This is not documented as it is considered an engineers reset.
At last I know the reason for the confusion. Combi 6 boilers manufactured before April 2018, mine for instance in a 2019 Nuevo do not have the reset button and I assume will not display Error codes above 255.
Boilers manufactured after April 2018 and installed in 2019 Nuevos have a different PCB with a reset button and a new or additional set of codes. This PCB is not illustrated anywhere that I can find other than in a line drawing in the installation manual for boilers having BOTH versions of the PCB.
The reset button version is not offered as a spare by any supplier that I can find. Of course Truma will have them but as a word of caution it would be very easy to order the wrong one from one of the suppliers who all seem to say that PCB's cannot be returned. The problem shouldn't affect  most users yet as they will be under warranty.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Truma Combi 6 E PCB change Empty Re: Truma Combi 6 E PCB change

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Thanks for that information Marconi ,just as a matter of interest are you an ex Marconi man .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Thanks for that information Marconi ,just as a matter of interest are you an ex Marconi man .
Boaby

No, the moniker stems from a lifetime of radio, electronics and communications and a reference to the man and the antenna, not the company, they made some nice gear though.
marconi
marconi

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:09 am

marconi wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:Thanks for that information Marconi ,just as a matter of interest are you an ex Marconi man .
Boaby

No, the moniker stems from a lifetime of radio, electronics and communications and a reference to the man and the antenna, not the company, they made some nice gear though.
I had a decade with them ,good company, don't think the Clansman was so popular though.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:07 am

Boaby

The Clansman didn't that use the Plessey 6000 series chips, advanced for their time but not very good, they died a rapid death.
marconi
marconi

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:04 pm

marconi wrote:Boaby

The Clansman didn't that use the Plessey 6000 series chips, advanced for their time but not very good, they died a rapid death.
Hillend Fife produced them in the thousands, we sent them out by the truck load. Oh happy days.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:22 am

This is what Truma told me:

“The (fault) codes in the (Truma CP) operating booklet are the only ones available to the caravan and motorhome owners and other codes that appear that are not listed in the manual will require the assistance of your local dealer/engineer.  There has been a change in the Combi boiler, since April 2018 the new Combi boiler meets the new gas appliance regulations with extra safety features. The main differences are that the new Combi has an extra solenoid fitted and the 12 v PCB now has a reset button.  The reset button instructions are not supplied as you should not have to be using this function as it is only required for as part of any technical processes that an engineer would carry out.”

I have had the misfortune of having to use the above reset button on two occasions in my new Nuevo, both under instruction over the mobile phone from a service engineer.  The drawer below the wardrobe has to be removed.  The first thing you will note is the Combi has been mounted the wrong way around with the cover that accesses the PCB facing away from you and therefore out of sight.  You will need a head torch and hand-held mirror.  Feel for the plastic PCB cover and slide it upwards and towards you.  Once removed, focus on the left hand end of the PCB as you look at it through the mirror.  Through the mirror you should see a LED flashing.  There are three in a row - red, amber and green.  I think the red only flashes if there is a problem.  To the immediate right of the LEDs as you look at it through the mirror you might just see a pale brown button.  As its quite gloomy you may not see it and only be able to feel it.  This is the reset button which is shown in Figure 20 of the Truma Combi-E Installation Instruction (which is available on-line - only the User Instruction comes with the Nuevo) as a service button 45.  I was told to hold down the reset button until the amber LED came on and then release the button.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:31 am

My Combi 6 has a Serial number beginning :- CBE UK603 the PCB is in the picture below. Note the lack of Reset button seen just below the RTS marked on the PCB and right hand connector of the two green wires on the new version, also the different position of the LED's and the fuse.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The only picture I know of showing the revised PCB is the one below of Caraman's Combi 6 the Serial Number of which begins thus :- CBX06UK-D

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
marconi
marconi

Male

Back to top Go down