The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High level LED brake lights

5 posters

Go down

High level LED brake lights Empty High level LED brake lights

Post by grasscutter Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:06 pm

At our van's last MOT the local garage noted that a couple of the LEDs were dud in the strip brake light at the top of the back panel. Not a legal problem re the MOT but not something I wanted to ignore. On closer scrutiny I could not find screws or a way to access the bulbs so asked Willersey. As I feared it's a case of gouging out the strip and resealing. Before I set about this and hit nasties has anyone else removed the strip to do a similar job? G

Last edited by grasscutter on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sigma

Back to top Go down

High level LED brake lights Empty hi level brake light

Post by murph Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:31 pm

I have not had that particular light off, but our awning light is simply stuck on in a similar manner, and I have had that off to convert it to LED, without any problems.
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

High level LED brake lights Empty Re: High level LED brake lights

Post by grasscutter Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:15 am

Apologies for the delay Murph but I watched the thread for a couple of days and after that relied on e-mail notification which I must have missed. Thanks for the comfort. Incidentally I was at Willersey at the end of last month for habitation and the fitter there suggested the degree of difficulty in removal often depended on which operator fitted the original. So it looks as though you suck it and see. Looking at some of the sealing elsewhere I suspect mine, like yours, will come out reasonably easily. G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony F Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:58 am

grasscutter wrote:Apologies for the delay Murph but I watched the thread for a couple of days and after that relied on e-mail notification which I must have missed. G

That's the problem I've been having; it seems you can't rely on the "view posts since last visit" facility after all. I've just responded to another thread (driving to Switzerland) where today's post has been flagged by the above, but an earlier post (29th June) wasn't flagged. If it had been I'd have seen it since that's always the way I keep up to date with threads that interest me.

Tony
Tony F
Tony F

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk 6

Back to top Go down

High level LED brake lights Empty high level brake light replacement.

Post by northumbrian bob Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:39 pm

I have neuvo es it failed mot on high level brake light ,no screws to be seen it is siliconed in i had to prise it out cutting at silicon with small screwdriver and stanley knife . got replacement from caravan centre put onto baynet fitting re siliconed in job done.
northumbrian bob
northumbrian bob

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo es

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Tony F wrote:................

That's the problem I've been having; it seems you can't rely on the "view posts since last visit" facility after all. .........

Tony

Tony,

I thought I had a similar problem after being away for a time; but I think I actually missed the "Page 1 - 2 - 3" etc at the bottom of the page and only read down to the bottom of Page 1!!

Also, I have found that if I hit a link that takes me to another site and then return to this Forum then my return is classed as a new "visit" and the "posts since last visit" have been cleared.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down