The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Nuevo SeriesII Water in locker

4 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Nuevo SeriesII Water in locker Empty Autosleeper Nuevo SeriesII Water in locker

Post by burfy1 Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:37 am

Hi,
Are there any Nuevo series 2 owners who have problems with water collecting in the small outside storage locker. I know its called a wet locker but this is getting ridiculous. There are holes at the bottom to drain water away, but I presumed this was if you really wanted to store wet wellies etc. in there!
I store dry stuff, like cables, BBQ, and the peugeot tool set etc. but everytime I dry it out, after the next bit of rain and the tool bag etc is sopping wet again. I don't know how water is entering the locker. I thought it could be splashback from the road as you drive along (through the drain holes), but I have now noticed it gets very wet in there even when the van has been standing. Anyone else noticed this problem?

Paul shrugg
burfy1
burfy1

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Nuevo SeriesII Water in locker Empty Re: Autosleeper Nuevo SeriesII Water in locker

Post by roli Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:41 am

My locker is the same sometimes its worse than others in the water it retains, last trip out wasnt a particularly wet weekend but I needed to completely empty it for drying.

I have tried blocking the holes but it just makes matters worse. I store the long mains cable, wellies/wellyclogs, in waterproof bags and the levellers and pads go underneath to keep them out of the damp as much as possible. It is annoying and yes as you say its called a wet locker but I got used to the completely dry GenieBox I had fitted to the Executive.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Nuevo SeriesII Water in locker Empty Re: Autosleeper Nuevo SeriesII Water in locker

Post by CC Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:16 pm

I noticed the drain holes in the floor of our locker and wondered why it had them, luckily we haven't suffered with any water in ours so far but will keep an eye on it now I know it could be a problem smile!

We keep our hook up lead, water fill ups & water containers in here as it seems to serve this purpose well, might keep our levelers in here also but for now they are filling space in the gas locker. I noticed on the bottom inside edge of the locker door there is a thick and wide heavy duty foam strip, it looks like it was added by the previous owner, perhaps this helps keep water out while traveling?

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Nuevo SeriesII Water in locker Empty Solution to water ingress in Wet Locker

Post by burfy1 Tue May 01, 2012 9:44 am

Success!!!

I emailed Autosleepers about the problem with the water in the outside locker.
They replied within a day stating that some owners have added a seal along the top of the locker to cure the problem.

I was sceptical because there is already a seal around the locker door but I did as they said (added a foam backed door seal along the top edge of the locker) and hey presto... despite all the recent rain I now have a dry locker. smile!

Needless to say I am very impressed with the Autosleepers customer service.

And also Cruizing Comet, you mentioned the solution in your post but it didn't register with me because I had the leak even when I was at a standstill so I couldn't see how a bottom seal would help..
So yours seems slightly different.
But thanks anyway.
burfy1
burfy1

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu May 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Let's hope it keeps dry Burfy... I had to empty my locker to tidy up and took a pic showing the rubber strip on our door, obviously put on by previous owners to counteract the same kind of problem... when lying underneath the rubber strip sits against the rubber gasket creating an additional barrier if you like. Out of interest is the join in your rubber gasket at the top of bottom? I wonder if this is where the water finds it's way in, as the join on ours is at the bottom and doesn't fully meet but instead has a slight gap and I wonder if in the past water got beyond this maybe.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Nuevo SeriesII Water in locker Empty Re- Nuevo 11 water in locker

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu May 03, 2012 5:58 pm

The previous owner of my van had replaced the seals with larger ones and added front mudflaps, bone dry in there, I keep two folding seats in the locker and hook up cable.
Boaby up!
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down