The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo external locker door

2 posters

Go down

Nuevo external locker door Empty Nuevo external locker door

Post by ColinCamper Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:18 pm

Having purchased replacement locker catches from Autosleeper, I found that even using the correct size drill to remove the rivets, the rivet would spin when drilling out and open up the hole in the locker panel. I can't use larger diameter rivets due to lack of "meat" on the plastic catches. Would like to use a backing plate behind the locker panel, but need to know how the inner panel can be removed, particularly for the small locker that gives access to under the bed. Any thoughts from you clever chaps and chappesses would be gratefully received.
ColinCamper
ColinCamper

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Nuevo external locker door Empty Re: Nuevo external locker door

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:27 am

ColinCamper wrote:Having purchased replacement locker catches from Autosleeper, I found that even using the correct size drill to remove the rivets, the rivet would spin when drilling out and open up the hole in the locker panel. I can't use larger diameter rivets due to lack of "meat" on the plastic catches. Would like to use a backing plate behind the locker panel, but need to know how the inner panel can be removed, particularly for the small locker that gives access to under the bed. Any thoughts from you clever chaps and chappesses would be gratefully received.
I have play in my locker as well, mine loos like just the rivets have had there day.
Will try to look at them soon.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down