The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mounting Satnav Bracket on Peugeot Boxer Dashboard

+15
skyrakes
Peterm
ajrm
notsonuevo
groundhog
Gromit
Cymro
steve00136
modelman
PLOUGHLIN
Wingrider8368
inspiredron
cyclo
Peter Brown
ScribesWtr
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mounting Satnav Bracket on Peugeot Boxer Dashboard - Page 2 Empty Re: Mounting Satnav Bracket on Peugeot Boxer Dashboard

Post by -mojo- Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:39 pm

I made up something similar for my van, before changing to a combined radio headunit and satnav (which in retrospect turned out not to be an improvement).

However, one thing to bear in mind when placing a satnav - in theory it should not obstruct any of the swept area of the windscreen when viewed from the normal driving position. In practice (judging by the ridiculous places that some of our local cabbies put their satnavs) it doesn't seem to be enforced much, though. From what I've read it only usually gets enforced if you annoy a traffic officer enough for them to start actively looking for problems with your vehicle...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Mounting Satnav Bracket on Peugeot Boxer Dashboard - Page 2 Empty Costing nothing!

Post by tomlynne Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi everyone. My solution was to find a piece of scrap smooth plastic fascia board (the board that goes behind your house gutters). I was lucky to get a black piece. Cutting it to around 6" x3", one end goes under the clip and the sucker goes on the other end. When not required, just remove the lot from the clip, keeping the sucker attached. Simples!
tomlynne
tomlynne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire ES

Back to top Go down

Mounting Satnav Bracket on Peugeot Boxer Dashboard - Page 2 Empty Re: Mounting Satnav Bracket on Peugeot Boxer Dashboard

Post by artheytrate Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:02 pm

This is what I used for my 7" sat nav, 33-90 Ebay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2