The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service and MOT Peugeot Boxer

+4
Cavendish
Fat Albert
CC
shelldrake
8 posters

Go down

Service and MOT Peugeot Boxer Empty Service and MOT Peugeot Boxer

Post by shelldrake Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Been quoted £240 for service and MOT for 09 A/S Sigma. Anyone comment on price, good allthumbz or not so good scratch head
shelldrake
shelldrake

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma

Back to top Go down

Service and MOT Peugeot Boxer Empty Re: Service and MOT Peugeot Boxer

Post by CC Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Depends on the service itself, what's being done? Some people consider a service as an oil change and a top up of your washer bottle rolleyes Auto-Sleepers charge around £160 for a silver service and around £240 for a gold service (I think)

MOT's vary and most will price match even at main dealers..... ATS will also do an MOT for £40 and for a service quoted us around £100 but we had our servicing done at Auto-Sleepers...... If the price you have been given includes changing of all the filters fuel/pollen/air etc (doubtful) then its a good price.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Fat Albert Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Shelldrake,

It depends what they do. The company I use (Peugeot Dealer) charges £150 for a basic service, £250 for an intermediate and £320 for a Major (includes brake fluid, coolant change etc). It will also depend to some extent on the labour rate where you live and how much the garage wants the business. uncertain
Fat Albert
Fat Albert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Service and MOT Peugeot Boxer Empty Service Levels/Prices Query

Post by Cavendish Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:18 pm

I pay almost exactly the same as quoted in the previous post here is S. Wales for my A/S Nuevo EK --Bronze £150, Silver £250 & Gold £325 ..
Cavendish
Cavendish

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Seems odd to me that A/S do the Habitation and Vehicle service for £245, yet when I enquired at marquis Hampshire they quoted a "Special Offer" of £295 before the end of january for the same thing. This also happened when the Windsor was 2 yrs old. I had a couple of warrenty items as well so took it direct to A/S for the service.
So I guess that Marquis offer is special in that it "cost more" than going to the manufacturer rather than its dealers. They are after all under the A/S umberella.

Mike
mike
mike
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk7

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:43 pm

mike wrote:Seems odd to me that A/S do the Habitation and Vehicle service for £245

Mike

Can't comment on Marquis as I've had no dealings with them... but we had both our Habitation test and Service carried out at the Auto-Sleeper service centre and thought the charges were favourable. The habitation check was no more than we would have paid locally and the service side was considerably cheaper than the Peugeot dealership in Norwich who I wouldn't entrust to carry out the work anyway due to their total lack of competency when the van last went in for for a simple lighting problem to be investigated, we came away with a bill for close to £100 and still the same problem and no idea whatsoever of what was wrong or how to rectify the problem which shockingly related to the base vehicle and not the conversion! (later sorted by Auto-Sleepers without any problems)

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by mike Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:28 am

My local Marquis, Hampshire, workshop run by Paul has always seen me right, and the A/S HQ has done very well. No complaints with either, I was just confused that an A/S branch ( Marquis ) charged more than the HQ/Factory. scratch head

Off to Spain in a couple of months time.

Mike
mike
mike
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk7

Back to top Go down

Service and MOT Peugeot Boxer Empty Service Costs

Post by K.A.Y. Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 am

Hi Mike,
I had my Nuevo es (2010) serviced 8 days ago (its' first 2yr/25,000 miles). It cost £230.00 inclusive of courtesy car and a wash at a main Peugeot Dealership, near Southampton. I had checked around beforehand and had been Quoted £458.88 by a main dealership at Crawley Down-who had assured me that that (extortionate) price was that as recommended on Peugeot website!!!
K.A.Y.
K.A.Y.
K.A.Y.

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo es

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:23 pm

I had an e-mail from Halfords recently with special offers on service/m.o.t,s. I have used them before and used my Tesco vouchers to pay for it, so in my mind it was free!!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by LobbyLudd Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:10 pm

shelldrake wrote:Been quoted £240 for service and MOT for 09 A/S Sigma. Anyone comment on price, good allthumbz or not so good scratch head

Your garage 'qoute' sounds a bit vague. scratch head (Without any specific facts towards the list of checks and work intended in the 'service' offered)
Surely the service bit is a rather an unknown quantity particularly if its in part to ensure vehicle readiness for the MOT

I would hope not, but I presume they could possibly reveal any unknown job or fault that they wish, or may need to rectify when doing their service in order to make the vehicle fit for the MOT ?
Or have they said this set price is on the basis of the vehicle not revealing any extras for additional/unknown jobs needing doing. If not its a bit rare these days!

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down