The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Ingress

3 posters

Go down

Water Ingress Empty Water Ingress

Post by Eric Scanlon Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:33 pm

We have recently purchased a 2013 Broadway EL Duo.  Can anyone help regarding above.  I know there was a problem initially, has it been rectified, if so what year approx.?scratch head
Eric Scanlon
Eric Scanlon

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Water Ingress Empty Engine cover

Post by jimthefish Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi Eric not a really big problem I checked my engine after we had a down poor and it was dry. Check occasionally and if the engine top shows signs of rusting, if it does, have a cover put on, I didn't bother. This is the thread from the caravan club regarding water ingress.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Think this is a bit dramatic, looks like someone with a hose pipe making it happen. Mine was a small drip in the middle, keeping leaves and moss out solved my problem.

Not a problem on models from 2011
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Water Ingress Empty Reply and thanks to Jimthefish

Post by Eric Scanlon Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 pm

Thank you for your comments re water ingress.  After taking the Broadway home we had quite a lot of rain and I noticed that the water had seeped through the middle of the scuttle/trough where the joint is.  I put a plastic jug under the bonnet and after overnight rain again, there was 1 litre of water in the jug.  I don't want to mess around myself (warranty issues) and will take it back to Marquis, Preston.  There is also water entering through the habitation door.  The footwell is flooded and mat saturated after rain.  If the door is opened the water poors down wetting the inside of the door and anyone entering or leaving the van.  I have sussed that this happens when the van is level or slightly lower on the awning side so I have been parking with the rear downwards.  This goes against everything that I should be doing when parking or pitching on site!  The water is following the awning towards the front.  Is this a common fault on vans with a habitation door under the end of the awning?  Hope this makes sense to you out there.
Eric Scanlon
Eric Scanlon

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Water Ingress Empty Re: Water Ingress

Post by roli Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:45 am

Will you do a proper intro please Eric as we request when you sign up.

This water thing has never been properly sorted by Sevel the Boxer, Relay and Ducato  had the problem which was sorted by owners and the X250's have had the problem since launch and it must be nearing the end of its production life now and still not sorted.

Dont expect too much from Marquis at Preston - you will have to tell them what you want them to do and the leak is a Peugeot problem anyway
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Water Ingress Empty Re: Water Ingress

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Eric
This thread may help you.

I assume your van is still under warranty ? As Roli says it's a problem on all sevel vans. Some worse than others, even the latest ones.  

John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down