The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water ingress

4 posters

Go down

Water ingress Empty Water ingress

Post by Leith Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:26 pm

Hi. I have discovered water coming in and laying in the channel at the bottom of the window glass in the sliding door. It is collecting in the channel then overflowing and running in behind the door card in the lower part of the door. I cannot find where it is coming in. Could the source be the small window in the glass or down from the top of the window? I don’t know as I cannot trace it.

Has anybody else had this problem? How did you solve it? I really don’t want my pristine vehicle spoiled by a stupid leak so I must fix it. Any help would be welcome.
Leith
Leith

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Water ingress Empty Re: Water ingress

Post by Dbvwt Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:37 pm

It is a well documented problem on here and I’m sure someone will be on soon with the links to the threads.

Don’t quote me on this but I think the general thinking is that it comes from the small window you mention but has nowhere to drain due to issues with blocked drain channels.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Leith likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:10 pm

Is this post any good 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL

RogerThat and Leith like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:00 pm

I can't help with your issue I'm afraid, but just wanted to say "hi" from another Stanway owner.

We're a rare breed and should stick together hugegrins
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Leith likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Leith Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Well, thank you to all. I checked over the drain from the small window track and found them both clogged up with grunge. All cleared out now and tested. I think the main problem was actually the seal around the small window so I have given this a good clean and squirt with silicon lubricant. I did check around the main window seal and contemplated adding an additional drain from the rear corner but decided against this. If I get the problem again I will give this further consideration - the problem is that any hole poked through the window seal is going to be very small and would probably not work well. Thanks once again.
Leith
Leith

Male

Back to top Go down