The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sigma EK water ingress/audio speaker removal

3 posters

Go down

Sigma EK water ingress/audio speaker removal  Empty Sigma EK water ingress/audio speaker removal

Post by nzowner Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:07 am

Just back from trip and about to further investigate the source of water ingress into my Sigma. Initially noticed drips coming from the rear audio extension speaker. No, was not playing Handel. Rain was persistent but not particularly heavy. Then noticed damp area above habitation door where the ceiling lining butts up to the wall. Limited investigation on road without ladder suggests may be getting in via rear roof vent penetration, but also notice the retractable awning cover appears badly fitting. Has anyone experienced similar? or suggestions. Tried to get speaker cover/and speaker off for closer look but no joy, scared of breaking it. Does anyone know the technique. All help appreciated.
nzowner
nzowner

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

Back to top Go down

Sigma EK water ingress/audio speaker removal  Empty Re: Sigma EK water ingress/audio speaker removal

Post by grasscutter Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:43 am

Last Summer we detected the tiniest sign of damp ingress but unlike yours it was in the front bottom corner of the nearside seat locker. The remedy carried out by AS at Willersey was to remove and reseal the coping that surrounds and seals the big side panel. The reason I am mentioning this is that there is a shallow moulded channel running from the drainage aperture at the end of the awning housing and where this joins the panel coping there just could be a weak spot in the seal. Good luck anyway in tracing your problem, water seems to have a mind of its own. G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sigma

Back to top Go down

Sigma EK water ingress/audio speaker removal  Empty Re: Sigma EK water ingress/audio speaker removal

Post by CC Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:26 pm

nzowner wrote:Tried to get speaker cover/and speaker off for closer look but no joy, scared of breaking it. Does anyone know the technique. All help appreciated.

The speakers fitted in the rear kitchen area of the roof in our Nuevo are Kenwood and baffled me but were quite easy to remove once I worked it out, the grills gently prise off with a very small flat bladed screwdriver around the inside edge then you get acces to the speaker cone held in place with the screws, the speakers have their own channels in the ply roof and insulation for the speaker cable.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down