The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma Ultraheat

+6
Wearsider
SteveUK
ubuntu1
burlingtonboaby
Dutto
murph
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Truma Ultraheat - Page 2 Empty truma ultraheat

Post by murph Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi All,
With a thermostat tolerance of about 5 degrees, coming on at about +4 and going off at around +9or10 I reckon that is ideal, without wasting to much elecricity, unless anyone can tell me different.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Truma Ultraheat - Page 2 Empty Re: Truma Ultraheat

Post by Wearsider Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:00 pm

Colder this evening than previously with external temperature just over -2° C and internal temperature in motorhome just over 2°C and when turned on heater has sprung into modest action whilst right down on the stop setting as Brian2 had recommended. We are now at one on this issue.
Wearsider

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Truma Ultraheat - Page 2 Empty Ultraheat

Post by murph Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:39 am

Hi Wearsider,
Glad to see that between us we have managed to put forward a constructive view, on what the settings should be as far as heat is concerned, the only possible complication now is humidity as Dutto has brought up.
I suppose we now have to put hygrometers inside to measure this and report to Dutto to find out whether we need a higher setting. hugegrins

Brian2[b]
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Murph... not sure what I'm doing wrong, been into my van this morning and the truma felt fairly warm to the touch, inside of the van was around +10 which is more than it needs to be really.. should I be turning it fully anti clockwise to 0? it's set on the 500w setting... without sitting in the van and monitoring the control panel temps not sure how cold it would need to get for the heating to kick in, seems like it's working harder than it needs to at the moment but I'm pretty sure here on the north norfolk coast we haven't gone below -0 yet

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Truma Ultraheat - Page 2 Empty Truma Ultraheat

Post by murph Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi CC,
From what Wearsider and I have discovered during the course of this thread, with constant monitoring and reporting with the temprature control set on the bottom stop when the temprature inside the van drops below +5 degrees the heater will come on. Then when the temprature rises to around +10degrees it will switch off, but because the heater takes some time to cool down the temprature will continue to rise to around 11 to 11.5 degrees. Then as the temprature fallls again it will stay off until the temp drops below +5, when the cycle will repeat, this is what happens in my van, and Wearsider (I believe his controls are similar to yours,) has come to the conclusion that his is similar though the tempratures may vary slightly

Brian2

PS Your coment about the temprature being higher than expected is because of the 5 degree tolerance on the thermostat, Truma obviously consider this to be adequate, particularly as I would expect a smaller tolerance to be more expensive, and this temprature should keep the humidity down.

Last edited by murph on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addedPS)
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:00 pm

murph wrote: ............ humidity as Dutto has brought up.
I suppose we now have to put hygrometers inside to measure this and report to Dutto to find out whether we need a higher setting. hugegrins

Brian2[b]

Brian,

Let's not get technical! tap_fingers

Wander in there with a whisky and chilled water. If there is any condensation on the glass then it probably needs a bit more ventilation. allthumbz

Man wanders into the doctors complaining of a drip "down there". "We've had a lot of this since the AID's scare!" said the doctor. The man screams with fear! "Don't worry." said the doctor "It's only condomsation." hugegrins hugegrins

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Truma Ultraheat - Page 2 Empty Truma Ultraheat

Post by murph Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:31 am

Hi All,
I have now fitted the windscreen cover and closed all the blinds for better insulation and the temprature is now rising to over +14 degrees before it starts to fall again and as CC says this does seem rather high, has anyone any idea as to whether using a small oil filled radiator as discussed last winter results in a cooler temprature. It would also be interesting to see which method is more economical on electricity, if anyone has one of those gadgets that measures electricity usage, and can give us some idea.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2