The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyres

3 posters

Go down

Tyres Empty Tyres

Post by murph Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi All,
As I have a pair of tyres whose walls are started to crack I have taken Dandywarhols advice and gone for Gislaved winter tyres to go on the front as he tells me they are exceptionally good on wet grass, trying to source them proved difficult, but eventuallly I found a garage who were prepared to try and find them.
Of all Places they have to come from Inverness in the north of Scotland, the supplier up ther says they are very popular with their clients, where they have more snow than most of Britain, so winter tyres are probably more common. And they are noticably cheaper than what my usual supplier offered.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Tyres Empty Re: Tyres

Post by dandywarhol Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:18 pm

Good find Brian2. I recently used mine in a 26 deg. middle England trip and worried like hell about them melting on the A1 but when I checked them at a coffee stop they were cooler than the rears with no appreciable wear or damage smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Tyres Empty Tyres

Post by murph Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi Alan,
Thanks for that, we will be doing more than that a much better test, as we are off to Italy via France, Germany, and Switzerland, Leaving the Island in a fortnights time this includes some drives of over 200 miles at a time probably with stopoffs, and as Italy is considerably warmer than UK it will be a good test for them fingersx

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Keep us posted Brian - I wouldn't be worrying about them - and they could be handy if you go over the Andermatt route!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Brian,

Brilliant find, especially as Inverness is the place where a friend of mine went into the Land Rover main dealer to purchase a pair of new windscreen-wipers for his Land Rover.

"Two?" said the salesperson with apparent amazement, "Ye want two?" Apparently they only had one in stock!! lol4 lol4

Enjoy the trip and keep us all posted on how you get on. allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian and Helen

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Tyres Empty Inverness

Post by murph Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 am

Hi Alan Ian & Helen,
The only preivious dealings I have had with Inverness was several years ago when towards the end of a trip round the north of Scotland we were driving on Skye when we had a mirror knocked off by some foreigner who promptly disappeared. No replacement available on Skye so we would have to drive to the Fiat agent in Inverness, With a a small van mirror duck taped in place we drove there and were charged £100 for a new mirror no electrics thank heavens + £15 for the junior apprentice to fit it, I did not carry sockets in those days.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down