The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is the water heater drain valve?

2 posters

Go down

Where is the water heater drain valve? Empty Where is the water heater drain valve?

Post by Scorrybreck Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:24 pm

Hi everyone, in April we purchased a 2010 Autosleeper Lancashire, and very happy with it we are. So this is its first winter with us, however I am unable to locate the drain valve for the hot water tank!  shrugg

We had a Swift Sundance motorhome a few years ago and as soon as you lifted the panel out the wardrobe floor the drain valve was almost the first thing you saw! Not so the AS Lancashire, as I'm faced with a wild jumble of electrical wires, water pipes and heater ducts. I have spotted the water tank, so I assume I'm in the right area. So I've now spent some considerable time poking around with various combinations of torches and telescopic mirrors trying to locate said drain valve, all to no avail. I'm now beginning to wonder if its positioned at some remote location miles away from the water tank! (Silly, I know).

Anyone out there with a similar machine able to advise? Please?
Scorrybreck
Scorrybreck

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Where is the water heater drain valve? Empty Re: Where is the water heater drain valve?

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:18 pm

AS Manual for a 2009 Lancashire says it is under the offside settee? Page 9-32

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Scorrybreck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Where is the water heater drain valve? Empty Re: Where is the water heater drain valve?

Post by Scorrybreck Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:36 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:AS Manual for a 2009 Lancashire says it is under the offside settee? Page 9-32
Thank you Ploughlin! Now found and opened. On reflection, I suppose that is pretty close to the water tank, I should have thought of looking there.... Cheers! smile!
Scorrybreck
Scorrybreck

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down