The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corrugated drain pipe adapter to drain valve

2 posters

Go down

Corrugated drain pipe adapter to drain valve Empty Corrugated drain pipe adapter to drain valve

Post by Peem Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:14 pm

My 2002 Nuevo has a white plastic adaptor which allows the corrugated drain pipe to adapt to a regular drain tap. The pipe is fitted to a straight pipe and secured with a jubilee clip. The male threaded part of the drain valve fits through a he in the skirt of the motorhome, screws into the adaptor and the whole assembly is clamped to the skirt. On my fresh water drain, the straight pipe piece has become distorted and crimped and constantly leaks. I can't get any sense out of Autosleeper. Does anyone know of a replacement or alternative. This arrangement is also used for the grey water drain.
Peem
Peem

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Corrugated drain pipe adapter to drain valve Empty Re: Corrugated drain pipe adapter to drain valve

Post by gpilky Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:05 am

I have the same problem on my fresh water hose - the 28.5mm hose is held on by a jubilee club, but as the hose is too big for the straight adapter, it crimps and then leaks.

I found something called a hose sleeve which I think is what you need. It fits nicely into the 28.5mm corrugated pipe and the result is a narrower diameter to fit on the straight pipe. It looks like it might actually be narrow enough to be a tight push fit and quite secure without a copier clip, but it might be worth using one anyway for added safety.

I haven't tried it yet mind you - it is on my todo list! The ones I bought are at this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but others are available if you search around.
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Corrugated drain pipe adapter to drain valve Empty Re: Corrugated drain pipe adapter to drain valve

Post by Peem Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:58 am

Thanks gpilky, that's the arrangement I have, a rubber sleeve fits over the plastic adapter and the hose over that, however, it's the short straight stub on the adapter itself that has crimped and lost its round shape and isn't able to have a consistent seal. So it's the adaptor itself that need with an intact straight stub fitting at the pipe end.
Peem
Peem

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:06 am

Do you mean this?? This is available from the Auto-Sleeper parts, but I've seen them at other suppliers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Peem Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:53 am

I made a sketch of the item, hopefully, I have been able to attach[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it here.
Peem
Peem

Male

Back to top Go down