The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thetford Flush Nuevo

+6
inspiredron
breakaleg
gassygassy
Swooze80
Cymro
Ailsaj
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thetford Flush Nuevo Empty Thetford Flush Nuevo

Post by Ailsaj Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:22 pm

Hi there good people - After a hard 200 mile journey up the M6 with bumpy roads we've arrived on site, put water in the flush tank and we can hear the pump running but no water running into the bowl. We used it twice on the journey with no problems. 
Any ideas??
Thanks up!
Ailsaj
Ailsaj

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Thetford Flush Nuevo Empty Re: Thetford Flush Nuevo

Post by Cymro Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:34 pm

I suspect an airlock. Try emptying the WC's flush tank (depending on model, there should be a drain tap or flexible level indicator through which the water can be drained; then when empty, refill the tank.

Here's my note of what I did when it happened to me on Orkney last year:

"Remembered some advice on ASOF. Drained flush tank and, with drain tap open, poured in some water, which ran freely out. Closed tap and filled to overflow. Flush works! "

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Ailsaj Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:18 pm

Hi - thanks so much for your response. Caravan Club WiFi useless but have managed to sort out our Loo problem. Checked out the pump and seems it got discombooberated during a particularly bumpy journey. All working okay again. 👍
Ailsaj
Ailsaj

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Swooze80 Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:17 pm

Hi. I too have had this problem on my way home from France today. The button makes a low whirring when pressed but no water pumping through. I will try your suggestion of emptying then refilling but any other ideas? How did I get to the pump? Thanks
Swooze80
Swooze80

Female

Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Ailsaj Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:34 am

Hi - no WiFi so brief response. Googled how to get to the pump and watched it on YouTube. Very self explanatory. Shows how to undo the square section on top of the loo (very carefully!) To access the pump. Good luck.
Ailsaj
Ailsaj

Female

Swooze80 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Swooze80 Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:51 am

Yes me too...Thanks to those that post and you tube! I am mid cistern clean as we speak....strangely satisfying...i will post how I get on...!
Swooze80
Swooze80

Female

gassygassy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Swooze80 Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:56 am

So, thanks to this you tube video, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and you folks I have been elbow deep in cistern grime as my flush was not working. I drained the tank of its pink dilution and noticed lots of white lumpy bits. The tank pipes were black with mould and lots of scum on the inside of the tank. Given it all a good clean, twizzled the impeller which was ok and success! Now flushing with gusto. up! Very satisfying when a job goes well....I'm not one to fix much but it worked so recommend having a go.....Just in time for a 4 day festival...phew!!! Tried to attach photos but can't get them to upload!.
Swooze80
Swooze80

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:29 pm

Does anyone know why A/S fit a separate water tank to flush the loo? I can't think of a reason.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:36 am

They don't on the 21 reg Nuevo, straight from the main water tank.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:00 am

Quite logical. A/S to me seem as if they are aimed at ex-caravan users. I also can't see the point of having an external main water tank fill facility from a Whale pump in an Aquaroll. All you have to do is to drive the vehicle to a water tap, you don't have to  wheel the water to the vehicle. If driving the vehicle to the tap you can fill the tank in one go whereas an aquaroll only  holds 20 and needs at least four journeys to fill. Seems to me to be unnecessary materials and labour costs building the motorhomes.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:14 am

Couldn't agree more, although I know that some people like them, I fitted a new twin lens camera on my new van as the auto sleeper fitted camera was more of a rear view camera than a reversing camera (couldn't see the rear of the van to reverse up tight to anything behind you) when I questioned Dave at auto sleeper about the Ariel system (an omnidirectional Ariel in the digital age is never going to work well) I was told that most people stream their content these days, so the question is, why fit it then ?

I f you have paid for it, shouldn't it work properly, Had to buy a B TO B so that the Leisure battery could receive a charge, will I ever use the exterior 230v socket, probably not nor the Thule awning  or even the Barbecue point.

Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:28 am

That's worrying, I didn't realise that new vehicles with a leisure battery have no provision for keeping the LB charged. Why would anyone build a motorhome with a leisure battery and not have suitable electrics for it?
On the subject of batteries, if anyone reading this has a stop/start system, please for your own wallet's sake turn it off as soon as you have started the engine. They are the second worst planet polluting thing ever invented, if you count diesel as the first - which it isn't. Stop start systems chew through specially-expensive batteries and specially-expensive starter motors a lot faster than they save any fuel or pollution. Just do a bit of research into the extra costs of a battery and alternator over the standard items.

Yes I also fitted a dual reversing camera to my Nuevo, and I think i posted on here how to get at the wiring behind the cupboard wall above the cooker in order to feed the cable down the back wall inside the cavity.
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:32 am

I think that they have fixed this now, mine is stop start and that means a smart alternator which meant that when the VB is charged the Alternator would stop charging and hence the LB would not receive a charge, since fitting the B TO B this has fixed the problem.
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:35 pm

I too am in the middle of getting the pump out of the C200CWE as the impeller seems to be stuck. Sadly I have broken one of the support legs for the access cap/flush button and haven't found anywhere to buy that part separately.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:12 am

inspiredron wrote:I too am in the middle of getting the pump out of the C200CWE as the impeller seems to be stuck. Sadly I have broken one of the support legs for the access cap/flush button and haven't found anywhere to buy that part separately.
Job completed. Pump impeller was totally jammed with black sediment. Luckily it was relatively easy to free off with a slim screwdriver with which I could turn the impeller. I poured some neat Persil detergent into it to lubricate it and, after a while it rotated freely and I ran it for a minute or so in a bowl of water. Getting the inside of the water tank clean and removing the sci bits was more troublesome. It didn't matter that the support leg had come adrift - it is hardly necessary but is held in place anyway. I used a bead of Sealastik non setting sealant to fix the bezel back on. It now pumps better than it has for years!

Male

Swooze80 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:06 am

gassygassy wrote:Does anyone know why A/S fit a separate water tank to flush the loo? I can't think of a reason.
My 2019 Nuevo takes its flush straight from the main water tank.  I've assumed this is a recent Thetford innovation which is why older motorhomes don't have it.  We use a solution of the pink stuff in a spray bottle to freshen up the bowl.

Last edited by Caraman on Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

gassygassy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:25 am

gassygassy wrote:... I also can't see the point of having an external main water tank fill facility from a Whale pump in an Aquaroll. All you have to do is to drive the vehicle to a water tap, you don't have to  wheel the water to the vehicle. If driving the vehicle to the tap you can fill the tank in one go whereas an aquaroll only  holds 20 and needs at least four journeys to fill. Seems to me to be unnecessary materials and labour costs building the motorhomes.
Aquarolls hold 40 litres not 20 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Other manufacturers make larger water rolls - e.g. the 51 litre waterhog [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you have room to carry one of these, which we do in the shower, they make a great deal of sense.  If the pitch is by a tap then use a hose but if not a water roll means you don't have to move the van to a service point which many sites don't have.  An alternative is to use a watering can but this will require many more journeys to fill the tank.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:27 am

Separate flush tank helps your fresh water last longer as most tanks on AS vans are only 60 litres.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:29 am

102 liters on ours Paul (apparently)

Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:43 am

Odd things happening. post deleted.
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:47 am

breakaleg wrote:102 liters on ours Paul (apparently)

Pete
That's be why you don't have separate flush tank then. My 2006 Nuevo only had a 60litre fresh and a separate flush tank. I'm pretty sure all van conversion only have a 60 litre  fresh.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:45 am

My 2012 Nuevo has a 100l fresh tank plus about 20l for the C200. My first reaction was disappointment with the toilet but now I'm very happy with it. I put biological detergent in with the loo water and that lubricates the bowl with the flush and keeps it much cleaner. I used to use pink stuff and think that is what started off the black bits. I'll be interested to see if they form again with the biological Persil. I don't use anything extra in the cassette - the detergent does a better job than Elsan ever did. Occasionally I give it a rinse with some Elsanol in for one empty.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:59 pm

That’s interesting.  I think I’m going to give biological washing powder a try.

Last edited by Caraman on Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:00 pm

Paulmold wrote:
That's be why you don't have separate flush tank then. My 2006 Nuevo only had a 60litre fresh and a separate flush tank. I'm pretty sure all van conversion only have a 60 litre  fresh.
2014 Warwick xl, 69l fresh, 40l waste. Toilet flush direct from fresh tank

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:54 pm

You beat me to that Bilbo, just checked the handbook and was going to post that as well  smile!
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next