The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

water Ingress Under Nearside Bed on Bourton

+2
Cymro
Trev864
6 posters

Go down

water Ingress Under Nearside Bed on Bourton Empty water Ingress Under Nearside Bed on Bourton

Post by Trev864 Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:01 pm

We recently had a habitation service on our 2018 Bourton which showed that there was damp in the wooden floor under the nearside bed. This was adjacent to the nearside locker door.

We are the second owners so there is no water ingress warranty

I changed the locker door seal and re-sealed around the locker door frame.I dried out the floor thinking I had solved the problem.

Unfortunately two weeks later the floor is wet again under the lino.

Has anyone else had this?

I think the leak may be coming from elsewhere

I understand from some owners that a modified locker door/frame has been fitted to some motorhomes as leaks in that area are a known issue. Does anyone know how it has been modified please?
Trev864
Trev864

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

water Ingress Under Nearside Bed on Bourton Empty Re: water Ingress Under Nearside Bed on Bourton

Post by Cymro Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:46 am

I had a leak from the external mains / gas sockets. They were not sealed, and water got in, and then trickled along the laminate floor of the N/S underbed locker. At first, I doubted whether the sockets were the source of the leak (being too far away from the "puddle") but they were. After sealing them (on the inside of the van) no further problem. Yet.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

water Ingress Under Nearside Bed on Bourton Empty Re: water Ingress Under Nearside Bed on Bourton

Post by Paramedic Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:13 am

Same as Cymro, insufficient or failing sealant surrounding 240v and LPG point allowed water to flow along floor beneath the kitchen sink cabinet. 30% damp recorded on habitation check.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by jwells Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:57 pm

My fridge vents were never sealed in and water seepage was very bad forward from the fridge compartment. AS took the vent out and fitted a gasket, but it didn't fix the problem so I sealed around the vent fittings with Sikaflex. No problem since! 🤞
jwells
jwells

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK ES LT
Vehicle Year : ,2013

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:15 pm

We had all of the above, the fridge vents had gaskets fitted under warranty, then when damp remained we had the gas barbecue and electric sockets replaced and  gaskets fitted to them and the van dried out at AS under warranty. All this in a 1 year old van. The good news was that the damp didn’t return and no damp was found at any of the subsequent habitation services.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

jwells likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by j8snl Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:41 am

We just got out 2016 Broadway back from Marquis in November after a similar problem as Cymro and Paramedic but on nearside.

When bought the Marquis damp check showed reading of 11% / 12% around that nearside bed area, we'd had it 11 months doing approx 6000 miles and got the hab check done by a local company just before the 12 month warranty ran out.  

Turns out we had damp on nearside lower side wall recording 32%-35% and floor recording 44% under the bed behind the water heater.  Walls were also pimpled behind water heater, which I never really noticed.  Confirmed during repair the leak was coming from the external whale water socket and lpg socket, but also the nearside skirts with nowhere near enough sealant were suspect.

I did fear the worst having read some stuff on various forums, but was all replaced under Marquis AutoMarq warranty with no hassle and no cost to me and to be fair to them their collection / delivery service (300 mile round trip) and communications through the process was excellent along with pictures of work as it progressed.  The van was away for 4 weeks all in and they were accommodating to our schedule and even fixed a couple of minor things that were nothing to do with the damp, so fair play to them.

Glad it's all fixed, keeping an eye on it with my own little meter for now and been fine but sending it back for another damp check with local company in February

Hope you've resolved your issue Trev.
j8snl
j8snl

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Trev864 Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:56 pm

Thanks for your replies….

****Update from today 21/01/22 ****

The van is at the dealers today and is having a new locker door and frame fitted. When the old door was removed the technician found that frame was not correctly sealed along the bottom edge. Water had been getting in there and trickling through onto the floor. The wood in the wall is wet. Fortunately we have caught it early. It isn’t rotten and will be fine once it’s dry with the new door
Trev864
Trev864

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

j8snl likes this post

Back to top Go down