The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milenco Stacka Levels

+11
Sally
Dbvwt
Bilbobaggins
breakaleg
inspiredron
babian
IanH
FreelanderUK
Tinwheeler
rogerblack
v8oholic
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Milenco Stacka Levels - Page 2 Empty Re: Milenco Stacka Levels

Post by IanH Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:15 pm

I was tongue in cheek re you parked next! Look at him closely, he has levelling ramps to make his level, therefore its a sloping pitch, ours was dead level. 
Most pitches are slightly sloping for drainage so those with nose low vans, (most of the Seval PCV's as far as I can see) can take advantage of that for free levelling.
BTW do you have the "Camper Leveller" App in your phone, it's really good. up! up!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:23 pm

I know you meant it tongue in cheek smile!
App downloaded thanks, will try it out at the weekend up!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:35 pm

Great. You need to calibrate it on a level surface first, the app tells you how
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:40 pm

For a change I’m at a family bash and actually on a flat pitch at Weston Super Mare rugby club so the perfect opportunity to try it.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:22 pm

I think by "level" I meant a kitchen worktop!!!!
Doesn't matter it can be reclaibrated anytime
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Millie The Moocher Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:06 pm

Interesting debate re ramps...I have to say we use them a lot, a good 75% of the time I reckon. I think a lot of it depends on your tolerance for not being pretty flat. I know I get annoyed if cupboard doors swing open/the egg slides to one side of the pan - yet others are pretty happy as long as the tea doesn’t come out of the top of the mug!

I’ve just got a set of Milenco Quattro ramps, I gave the last pair away when we got shot of the last van...should have kept them! I can recommend the Quattro ramps for anyone who likes to be level, the dealer did include some ramps with the van but frankly they are next to useless as they don’t have much lift.

Re not being flat on the drive - this is a good think IMHO as it does at least mean water will drain off the roof and not pool ....maybe less of a problem in a PVC but something to avoid in A Class...I got very wet once when reversing with the driver window open!
Millie The Moocher
Millie The Moocher

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2021

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:51 pm

I'm not tolerant of those things either, Millie, which is why I have a good look at the ground before pitching. I find it's nearly always possible to find a flat enough bit, even with pitching to the peg rules. Milenco Stacka Levels - Page 2 1f600
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Millie The Moocher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:32 pm

rogerblack wrote:Which wheels you use the ramps on will usually depend on which way the slope runs in relation to where you pitch, unless you have the option to orient the van in any way. However I have never known the need to ramp three wheels, only one or two.

As a general rule, if it's the front that needs raising, we usually drive on forwards; if the rear, then we reverse, particularly on soft grass, sand or gravel pitches. The logic for this, based on practical experience, is that you can drive off the ramps either in forward or reverse gear as appropriate and keep going without stopping until on firm ground so as to avoid getting bogged down. This obviously also requires orientation on the pitch to be able to drive off an open side.

Everyone has their own favourite type. Having tried a few different ones with varying success, we have settled on a combination of Fiamma Level Up ramps and Monster Mats

https://www.vancomfort.co.uk/monstermat.htm

If the levelling ramps are not required, we still use the mats under the front (driving) wheels to prevent sinking in, unless we are on hard-standing.  However,  if levelling is required on hard-standing we do use the mats as they grip the ramps and prevent them shooting out if you are a tad unsmooth with the accelerator.

Surely the reason for driving forward onto front ramps and reversing back onto rear ramps is so that the van is moving with the slope as it ascends the ramps.  It also means the wheels are less inclined to roll off the ramps when the hand brake is applied.  

Reverse being a lower gear helps ascend the rear ramps and when both ramps are on the same side of the van.

I've recently got the monster mats as I found the yellow Fiamma mats next to useless.  My resolution is to park the front drive wheels on them and place the front ramps on them whenever we use grass pitches. 

I have learnt it helps to use hill start assist when ascending ramps and only use the hand brake when the operation is complete.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:10 pm

This is probably one of the most unsatisfactory threads on ASOF, the OP asked about Milenco Staka Levels and everybody seems to have given an account of their own personal choice and recommendations, is nobody using Milenco Staka Levels?

Well I know of one, glynelock who hasn't posted on here as far as I know for some while. I had a PM with him in the past and he liked them.

Come on you owners of Staka Levels, and only you, give us some feedback and recommendations on ASOF. Are they any good? Do they take up a lot of space compared with the standard Milenco or Fiamma ramps? Are they in your opinion better or worse than the usual ramps?

On level ground our Boxer sits nose down, so having something to level us up even on flat ground is preferable. So far I'm using Milenco Triple 3 level blocks which work OK, but take up a lot of space. I still wonder, could I have done better with having Staka Levels?
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:02 pm

As RV has said this is on my Kemerton xl making improvements post
I had been using mine to do mods on my camper to give extra space under the van fitting extra water tank .they also look after the tyre stopping flat spots when left parked as the tyre sits in the curve
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2