The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton fresh water inlet system

3 posters

Go down

Bourton fresh water inlet system Empty Bourton fresh water inlet system

Post by sueb Sun May 30, 2021 8:14 pm

Hi, have picked up my 2011 Bourton on Friday......I did pressure the dealer to get it ready for me in a rush, but I am a bit mystified by the water inlet.I know the fresh tank is full, and we are just away for 2 nights on a site with wash up and shower facilities, so if I can’t refill the tank so be it.I have never encountered the plug in electric hole thingy.......we have a truma pump thingy, and it seems to need to be immersed in a container of water........can anyone tell me what connection I need to fill fron a hose..... this all seems too complicated!
Cheers
sueb
sueb

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Bourton fresh water inlet system Empty Re: Bourton fresh water inlet system

Post by gemdeco Sun May 30, 2021 9:16 pm

Hi If it is the same as my old Gloucester you should also have a connecter on a hose pipe that enables you to fill up from a tap, It had some sort of valve in the middle of it may have been a pressure relief valve, things just made complicated for the sake of it, I understand a lot of owners have had a standard filler fitted depending on where your inlet is fitted make sure your Truma filler is long enough, they make 2 different lengths
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun May 30, 2021 11:57 pm

What you  describe is the TRumpa connector to fill from a container, aquaroll or similar. To fill from the tap you need a longer hose with the Truma end plug, like one of these.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester

Back to top Go down

Post by sueb Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:45 pm

Thankyou Peter......just what I need....a picture.......sorry for late reply, I have been away on first 2 night try- out, and now know how to use the truma ‘ thingy’ which pumps from a container.......I hadn’t fathomed how to turn on the power supply to inlet socket!.....sorry to be so ignorant, and thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge.....cheers
sueb
sueb

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down