The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relocating a Bourton fresh water tank

4 posters

Go down

Relocating a Bourton fresh water tank Empty Relocating a Bourton fresh water tank

Post by Boggie Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:38 am

The used 2019 Bourton we are buying has the fresh water tank installed internally under the drivers side bench seat. I was told that this is an option owners could select ifthey intended to camp in extreme cold weather  to prevent icing.
Since we always use club sites, we don't  wildcamp in winter, so i am planning to relocate the fresh water tank back to the standard factory location underneath the vehicle floor. Our Corinium  had this set up and we never had an issue thanks to the tank heaters.
Moving  the fresh water tank will create more useful storage space under the seat. Has anyone had experience of moving  the fresh water tank and could offer advice?
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Relocating a Bourton fresh water tank Empty Re: Relocating a Bourton fresh water tank

Post by Peter Brown Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:10 pm

I'm afraid you were told a porky; The Bourton Fresh water tank installation consists of two tanks, one under the floor and another above the floor.  The are connected together and act as one with the pump being in the lower one and the level sensor probes spread over both tanks.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Boggie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Relocating a Bourton fresh water tank Empty Re: Relocating a Bourton fresh water tank

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:00 pm

two more references to the 'under bench tank' in this thread to which Peter gave an almost identical 'oh no they dont' response.shrugg
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rventhusiast Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:04 pm

Yes, in fact I am considering removing the (pitiful) pair of tanks holding 62ltr and replacing them with a single 100ltr+ tank in the offside bed space. I will probably take the opportunity to replace the chattering Whale pump with a Shurflo too.

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:20 pm

Since you always use club sites, why are you bothered re tank capacity?
Just a thought!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by rventhusiast Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:23 am

I think you are directing the question at the OP as we now rarely use club sites including in winter hence our need to increase the fresh water capacity and have it inboard. But I think the OP is more concerned with freeing up internal storage space.

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down