The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VEBA AV70mm reversing camera

+10
Kemerton-bath
KiwiKruiser
BornAgain
Sparks
Gromit
GrahamF
miket
PLOUGHLIN
gassygassy
Orkneyboy
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

VEBA AV70mm reversing camera - Page 2 Empty Re: VEBA AV70mm reversing camera

Post by KiwiKruiser Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:48 pm

Here is the VEBA Camera “Installation Guide” for what it is worth.cannot find a complete wiring diagram. No documentation refers to the voltage regulator, but it DOES exist!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
KiwiKruiser
KiwiKruiser

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EL
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by MCRJ Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:24 pm

Don't think two models are same. My camera mount is 200mm from base, and terminates in a phono plug.
MCRJ
MCRJ

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

VEBA AV70mm reversing camera - Page 2 Empty Warning for Nuevo EL owners

Post by Tilly's Dad Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

Warning note for anyone attempting to use this method on a Nuevo EL (End Lounge).

I have a 2010 Nuevo EL which came with its original Veba camera, which had long ceased to actually produce any sort of useful image. Having researched other people's experiences I decided to give it a go...

The EL has a TV cabinet above the rear lounge window, with a TV aerial and 12v feed for the TV. Having removed this cabinet, which includes the pelmet for the rear curtains, I then had access to the rear wall and in a good place to measure and attack with the holesaw...or so I thought🤣.

What I hadn't taken into account was that the aerial and 12v cables run vertically down the exact centre line of the wall, and are right where I was cutting my hole.

Well, I cut the hole and had access to the rear of the camera, but I'd also managed to cut a length out of both the aerial and 12v cables matching the diameter of the hole. These cables are routed through a groove cut in the roof panel and the wall panel and have absolutely no slack in them.

I ended up cutting a small rectangular section out of the roof panel, which is under the void beneath the high level brake light, and my repair will be hidden once the TV cabinet is replaced. I intend to run the cables in through the top of the cabinet now, the 12v feed to a fuse box I was going to install anyway for some usb sockets, and to a new aerial socket.

The moral of this story is not to use a holesaw, but to cut a rectangular section instead, using a multi-tool or similar.

I fitted a new CCD camera from DRW, and used the existing three core cable to the original camera, which is a 12v feed (not 3.3v as others have found). The red wire is the +ve 12v, the bare wire the -ve, and the yellow wire the video signal. I only connected the yellow wire to the video  from the new camera and it works.

Just got to replace the cabinet, change the monitor for a new one and install my new wiring and sockets.

Once I've done all that, I can move onto fixing the toilet flush...😁
Tilly's Dad
Tilly's Dad

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11 EL
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Mon May 08, 2023 7:45 pm

Tilly's Dad wrote:Warning note for anyone attempting to use this method on a Nuevo EL (End Lounge).

I have a 2010 Nuevo EL which came with its original Veba camera, which had long ceased to actually produce any sort of useful image. Having researched other people's experiences I decided to give it a go...

The EL has a TV cabinet above the rear lounge window, with a TV aerial and 12v feed for the TV. Having removed this cabinet, which includes the pelmet for the rear curtains, I then had access to the rear wall and in a good place to measure and attack with the holesaw...or so I thought🤣.

What I hadn't taken into account was that the aerial and 12v cables run vertically down the exact centre line of the wall, and are right where I was cutting my hole.

Well, I cut the hole and had access to the rear of the camera, but I'd also managed to cut a length out of both the aerial and 12v cables matching the diameter of the hole. These cables are routed through a groove cut in the roof panel and the wall panel and have absolutely no slack in them.

I ended up cutting a small rectangular section out of the roof panel, which is under the void beneath the high level brake light, and my repair will be hidden once the TV cabinet is replaced. I intend to run the cables in through the top of the cabinet now, the 12v feed to a fuse box I was going to install anyway for some usb sockets, and to a new aerial socket.

The moral of this story is not to use a holesaw, but to cut a rectangular section instead, using a multi-tool or similar.

I fitted a new CCD camera from DRW, and used the existing three core cable to the original camera, which is a 12v feed (not 3.3v as others have found). The red wire is the +ve 12v, the bare wire the -ve, and the yellow wire the video signal. I only connected the yellow wire to the video  from the new camera and it works.

Just got to replace the cabinet, change the monitor for a new one and install my new wiring and sockets.

Once I've done all that, I can move onto fixing the toilet flush...😁

Please introduce yourself here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue May 09, 2023 11:29 am

I had my brand new van but a few weeks before I paid someone to swap the camera and monitor for a twin lens camera, I didn't want to spend the extra cash but the fitted camera was next to useless, any bright light in the lens and the picture washed out, where I park I have to see the back of the van but the fitted camera lost the object behind with at least two feet to go.

More of a rear view camera than a reversing camera.

Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2