The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swivel seat

+9
Jamie D
Caraman
Quilter
PLOUGHLIN
Richard G
Gromit
Eltel
BobK
Mids
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Swivel seat - Page 2 Empty Re: Swivel seat

Post by Tigerbadge Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:52 am

Don’t know it this is standard mech [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:41 pm

I have given in and carry wheel chocks
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:19 pm

I carry a couple of wheel chocks , chock wheels spin seat ,hand brake is still tight on seat trim, fitting spacers between hand brake .sounds like a good idea. Its on my to do .list
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:57 pm

I had a look at a new one  in the showroom  the hand brake  only moved a couple of clicks to full on  ,so the hand brake  did  not catch the  the rotating seat .so could the handbrake  travel  explain why  some have a problem  and so e don't?
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabjack Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:37 am

Quilter wrote:
Mids wrote:Hi simple  question how do you swivel the drivers seat without catching the hande break.at the moment  I have to lower it .not ideal.

I suspect your 2019 Broadway must be different to our 2014 Broadway since we have no problem swivelling the seats. It is necessary to push / pull the seats as far forward as they will go- ie towards the steering wheel- and then they swivel very smoothly with nothing to catch on. I find leaning down to release the little red locking lever under the seat is easier if done from outside but I can do it from inside and my OH, with longer arms, always does it from inside.
 Yep, I have recently discovered that the job becomes a whole lot easier from outside - bit of a pain if its slashing down with rain, but overall a lot easier.
Gabjack

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:54 pm

I have commented earlier that I have to push the steering wheel as far forward as it will go to rotate the seat.  Others have not found this necessary.  As I am tall my seat is always in its lowest position.  I don’t know if raising it will make any difference.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:34 pm

No help with the handbrake problem but a truck I drove years ago had a handbrake that ratcheted on. It took about six pulls to fully lock the brakes. The lever then dropped to the floor. You had to push it down to release it. I think this was called a neat brake not a fly off brake.
A Hillman Imp I rallied had a fly off handbrake. To release it you pulled it up and let go without pressing the button. It was meant for handbrake turns using the handbrake to lock the rear wheels. To lock the handbrake you pulled it up and pressed the button. 
It caused a few hairy moments when my mate borrowed my car. He brought it back saying the handbrake didn’t work and he nearly rolled back into a car behind him at traffic lights.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2