The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo seat swivel

+5
Cymro
Slaphead
inspiredron
bikeralw
Richard G
9 posters

Go down

Nuevo seat swivel Empty Nuevo seat swivel

Post by Richard G Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 21:56

My Nuevo ES 2015, in common probably others the same .
To rotate the drivers seat it is necessary to release the handbrake which is risky most times as you cant put fot on footbrake. Is there any way around this, seems like a bad design , needs a slightly modified handbrake lever.
RG
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Nuevo seat swivel Empty Re: Nuevo seat swivel

Post by bikeralw Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 22:23

I imagine my earlier van is similar to yours, but I find the seat can be swivelled in the other direction, and by sliding it back on the runners the handbrake lever can be avoided altogether.
However, I've adjusted the handbrake cable so it's fully applied after only a few clicks, and therefore is not high enough to interfere with the seat no matter which way I swivel it.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon 25 Nov 2019 - 22:59

On my van I first drop the steering wheel to its closest to the dashboard. Then I start to turn the driver's seat anti- clockwise just a very small amount. Then I slide the seat fully forward and at that stage the undercarriage misses the raised handbrake lever. To get the seat right round to face the settee you have to move the back to upright. Putting the seat back you reverse the process. It's a fact but it works!  Normally I only rotate both seats so that they face towards the opposite rear corners of the van which gives room for the small table on its pole. The passenger seat also has to be rotated anti-clockwise and, as my wife does not like the armrest, that was removed to make rotation easier.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaphead Tue 26 Nov 2019 - 10:26

Why not leave the handbrake off and leave it in gear?  I presume you have no need to turn the seat when the engine is running.

Dave C.
Slaphead
Slaphead
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Medallion (Merc)
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue 26 Nov 2019 - 12:01

Slaphead wrote:Why not leave the handbrake off and leave it in gear?  I presume you have no need to turn the seat when the engine is running.
I do that - but not on ramps!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue 26 Nov 2019 - 14:54

RG: I too have a 2015 Nuevo ES. If you search, there's a post by Gromit where he describes how to insert some washers on 2 of the bolts holding the handbrake lever. It has the effect of moving the lever nearer the door, thus allowing the seat to be swivelled without fouling the engagd lever. I did it. It works.

Notwithstanding the above, whenever possible, I allow the van to find its stationary point, and then I leave it in gear with handbrake off; I use some folding plastic chocks (again, thanks to a Forum tip) and some logs to give peace of mind.

Cymro

Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue 26 Nov 2019 - 17:44

When I first used my Nuevo I thought the handbrake had to be taken off temporally to turn the driver's seat.  In anticipation of this I bought wedges that had tiered levels so that the wheel did not roll back and took chocks with me.  With the help of this Forum I then discovered how to rotate the seat without taking the handbrake off.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Thu 5 Dec 2019 - 21:35

Deleted as a double posting.
Mod - please remove if possible.

Last edited by inspiredron on Thu 5 Dec 2019 - 21:41; edited 1 time in total

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Thu 5 Dec 2019 - 21:39

Cymro wrote:RG: I too have a 2015 Nuevo ES. If you search, there's a post by Gromit where he describes how to insert some washers on 2 of the bolts holding the handbrake lever. It has the effect of moving the lever nearer the door, thus allowing the seat to be swivelled without fouling the engagd lever.  I did it. It works.

Notwithstanding the above, whenever possible, I allow the van to find its stationary point, and then I leave it in gear with handbrake off; I use some folding plastic chocks (again, thanks to a Forum tip) and some logs to give peace of mind.

Cymro

I remember Gromit's post. I should try it some time! 
Van is fully winterized at present - I have even brought the instrument cluster indoors to stop it getting damp and facing AGAIN with false half hearted warning lights.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sat 7 Dec 2019 - 21:19

inspiredron wrote:
Cymro wrote:RG: I too have a 2015 Nuevo ES. If you search, there's a post by Gromit where he describes how to insert some washers on 2 of the bolts holding the handbrake lever. It has the effect of moving the lever nearer the door, thus allowing the seat to be swivelled without fouling the engagd lever.  I did it. It works.

Cymro

I remember Gromit's post. I should try it some time! 
Van is fully winterized at present - I have even brought the instrument cluster indoors to stop it getting damp and facing AGAIN with false half hearted warning lights.
Oh that is something new to me. I am on my fourth newish Sevel van and never heard of that. Are they prone to damp problems?
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sat 7 Dec 2019 - 23:58

In a word - YES!  A lot of folk, myself included, have had the problem of a few warning lights glowing at about half illumination when cruise control is switched on. I had the panel replaced under warranty at 2 years old only for it to fail again at 4 years old - out if warranty. Peugeot, under pressure, offered a third discount on a further replacement (£600 instead of £900!) with no further warranty. I declined and paid a firm in Portsmouth £150 for repair with lifetime warranty. It had to go back to them a year later costing me £25 for postage (both ways). The problem appears to be that during winter lay-up the panel gets damp causing partial shorting or corrosion of PCB tracks. I now remove the panel (about 20 mins) and store in the house. This spring there was no problem.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Sun 8 Dec 2019 - 1:29

I had the warning light  issue  but it. Cured it self  over time .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Sun 8 Dec 2019 - 8:01

Try a product called 'Stabilant', not cheap, & a very small bottle, only a minute-drop required so it will last a long time.
A little syringe drop on every contact/terminal will last forever & your troubles are over!!
Do a little research,  it might be for you.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sun 8 Dec 2019 - 8:42

I'll take it out for now - I know how easy it is, I have changed the dials to white in order to tell how fast I am going!
I tried attaching a photo but The Computer That Must Be Obeyed said it was too big. Or more precicely it said the message was too long so I can't.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun 8 Dec 2019 - 9:50

The only issue that I have found about removing it is that the trip values are lost.
I cannot put the product on the contacts because Cartronics put a warranty seal on the panel to prevent it being opened. Peugeot didn't!

Male

Back to top Go down