The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Classic - Fresh Water Tank Maintenance

3 posters

Go down

Nuevo Classic - Fresh Water Tank Maintenance Empty Nuevo Classic - Fresh Water Tank Maintenance

Post by DartmoorPete Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:47 pm

I'm taking delivery of our first motorhome later this week (Nuevo Classic 2009) and have been "swotting up" online on various maintenance things etc I will need to do. As the Nuevo will have been sitting around for a few months I think I probably need to flush the Fresh Water system.

An A/S User Manual I have seen online suggests flushing the system with a bleach solution but elsewhere online it recommends avoiding bleach as this can harm the stainless steel in the Truma water heater...if this is true are A/S wrong with their advice?

Further poking around online reveals that things like Puriclean also has bleach in it but a product called Elsan Fresh Water Tank Clean is probably a good (bleach free) choice? Would anyone agree with this?

Thanks!
DartmoorPete
DartmoorPete

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Classic
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Classic - Fresh Water Tank Maintenance Empty Re: Nuevo Classic - Fresh Water Tank Maintenance

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:24 pm

I've used Elsan fresh water tank cleaner for 10 years , de- scales the hot water heater too! ,follow instructions,rinse out well,I usually flush into the waste tank,then flush again.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Classic - Fresh Water Tank Maintenance Empty Re: Nuevo Classic - Fresh Water Tank Maintenance

Post by Traficlady Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:08 pm

I had a fit when my husband said he was going to put bleach in the fresh water tank. He says Milton corrodes the joints or something something inside. Fortunately we don’t drink the water out of the fresh tank.

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:51 pm

We don't drink the fresh water tank water either Nora, however we wash our pots in the sink.
It's amazing how much black gunk sits in the water system, our drinking water along the East Coast is very hard ,so de-scaling now and again is a recommended.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down