The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spare wheel

3 posters

Go down

Spare wheel Empty Spare wheel

Post by Mojo Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:36 pm

Does anyone know how to get a spare wheel out of a ford legend 1989 model thanks
Mojo
Mojo

Female

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Ledgend
Vehicle Year : 1989

Back to top Go down

Spare wheel Empty Re: Spare wheel

Post by voranke Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Try Google search- Ford Legend spare wheel removal- it has several images of various ways spare wheels are attached to vehicle underside .

Hope this helps Cheers Vo
voranke

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo low profile

Back to top Go down

Spare wheel Empty Re: Spare wheel

Post by Dave 418 Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:24 pm

I think this will apply to your Legend as it is transit based. The jack handle has an almost square end that fits in the jack. The Transit vans had a hole in the rear cross member under the doors. You extend the jack handle and it then locates in the lowering system, like a winch, via this hole.
My Rienza has a similar hole in the rear bumper with plastic plug in it. You turn the plug quarter of a turn and then engage the jack handle to wind the spare wheel down.
Whilst working at the roadside it was a pain when the owner of a Transit had a flat tyre and had lost the tools including the jack handle. I was lucky to drive a Transit. I acquired a spare handle as a back up should I change vans.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down