The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo EK new owner help

+8
squip
Axefixer
CC
Nuevo II EK
dash
mikedepledge
Tony F
moggyminor1966
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nuevo EK new owner help - Page 2 Empty nuvo owner help

Post by murph Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:40 am

I have been running our tyres at 70 psi and mrs murph hasnt complained about comfort but traction is of course poor, I now intend to try Dandyworhols pressures 50 front 60 rearat least for the winter to improve grip should we hit any snowy weather.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK new owner help - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuevo EK new owner help

Post by dandywarhol Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:51 am

murph wrote: I have been running our tyres at 70 psi and mrs murph hasnt complained about comfort but traction is of course poor, I now intend to try Dandyworhols pressures 50 front 60 rearat least for the winter to improve grip should we hit any snowy weather.

Brian

It would be worth checking the tyre temp. after a run even in winter Brian - I find it the most effective way to ensure the whole tyre is doing it's job. (learned that trick racing karts - there are holes mouled into the slick tyres to temp. test. up! )

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK new owner help - Page 2 Empty nuevo 11 help

Post by murph Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi Dandy,
Another Kart driver eh I used to race 210s for years until it got to expensive, but I have not heard of checking tempratures accross the tread before however it obviously works and I will try it when we are in the UK in January. I dont think the van gets a long enough run to heat up properly over here.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:59 pm

You'll find the tyres get warm in around 20 miles driving Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK new owner help - Page 2 Empty Nuevo11 help

Post by murph Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks Dandy,
I will check them if I go to Douglas in it, 15 miles away, I do use it as a second car at times.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi Moggy & Axefixer

Re reverse judder

My previous MH was on a 2007/08 Fiat 2.3 X2/50 6 speed chassis base and suffered from the dreaded judder. It was recalled for a remap which made a slight improvement but the judder still persisted so I harrassed Fiat customer services and Fiat arranged for the vehicle to be fixed at my local Fiat dealer in Canterbury.
The work carried out was as follows, replacing all engine mountings, replacing complete clutch assembly and rebuilding the gearbox with a lower ratio reverse gear.
Upon collecting the vehicle I asked how much the cost of this work was and the receptionist gave me a copy of the invoice that was being sent to Fiat the total being over £2000. Bearing in mind that this was the trade price it was considerably less than the public would be charged.
To my knowledge the drive trains on Peugeot are the same as Fiats so there is an unacknowledged problem with both marques. The cost of modification is the main driver for Peugeot to maintain a state of denial.
After completion of the work reversing was a completely different experience and the MH would reverse up my sloping drive virtually on tickover.

I also found the ride very harsh and ran on tyre pressures of about 60 psi but the noise from the conversion was intolerable (not Autosleeper I hasten to add ) so it had to go and I came back to AS not perfect but better than others that are in my price range.

So maybe the moral of my sad and expensive tale is to be persistent with the vehicle manufacturers, I claimed that a vehicle that did not reverse properly was not fit for purpose, possibly this tipped things in my favour but I feel Fiat and Peugeot may work on an individual case basis and the more fuss you make the more likely they are to stop prevaricating and sort out your problems.

John.
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Good work Johno! allthumbz Won't that be a higher ratio gear to lower the gearing??

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:54 am

Hi Dandy

Yes the gearbox was fitted with a lower ratio reverse gear the higher ratio being the major cause of the problem, the clutch was renewed due to any possible damage caused by the juddering ( I guess they didn't want me coming back for a second bite at their cherry so they covered all contingencies ) and I believe the engine mountings were a firmer design to stabilise the engine shudders, all in all a lot of pricey work thankfullly done under warranty. So time is of the essence to get these problems sorted before expiry of the warranty, maybe I'm just an old cynic but could it possibly be that these companies prevaricate until the warranty expires or the customer just gives up and goes away ?. No surely not how could I think such a thing !!! .

John.
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi Johno - higher ratio = lower gearing content

Eg,4:1 is a higher ratio than 3:1, therefore it is lowered geared to give more torque and less judder up!

Anyway - glad it's sorted and didn't cost you - people have had a constant struggle getting the manufacturers to admit there's a problem with the 6 speed box ratios.

My thoughts (for what they're worth confused3 ) is the manufactures don't expect their vans to be as heavily laden all the time as motorhomes and it's a compromise between speed and torque in reverse gear - especially for white van man.........................except they got it wrong this time for 'home owners

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi Dandy

Thanks for the tutorial, as a sparkie gear boxes were always a mystery to me along with a lot a lot of other things. I should be able to come to grips with my Sturmey Archer now.

Cheers John.
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Johno wrote:Hi Dandy

Thanks for the tutorial, as a sparkie gear boxes were always a mystery to me along with a lot a lot of other things. I should be able to come to grips with my Sturmey Archer now.

Cheers John.

Ahhh, that'll be the epicyclic jobbies hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK new owner help - Page 2 Empty re: remote locking on hab door

Post by JanViv Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks to everyone who has asked about this problem. We picked up a 2011 Lancashire ES on Saturday 13th & asked if central locking included the hab door, both the person doing the handover & the salesman thought it didn't, thanks to this forum we later found it did, so off we went back to the dealer & it was checked, found to have a broken cable clip. We spent around an hour & a half at the dealers & had another job done at the same time, & we now have a hab door that locks at the same time as the cab. Yay allthumbz
Thanks Viv & Jan
JanViv

Female

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire ES

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:14 pm

Well done to you Viv & Jan

I suspect the dealers knew damn well it should operate the habitation door but pleaded ignorance thinking they could worm their way out of it rolleyes It amazes me that a dealer either claims he doesn't know this or just simply lies about it to get out of correcting it! (Buyers Beware)

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by JanViv Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:48 pm

We have had dealings with a few other dealers & so far our current ones although they may have been a bit hazy on the hab door have been very helpful. I think the door may have been faulty for a while so maybe the previous owners were not aware that it should lock on the fob. We are really pleased with our van, we took it away for a week-end on the day we picked it up, so were able to read the manuals at our leisure, we had also haunted the forum picking up info before we plunged into buying the van. Thanks
JanViv

Female

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire ES

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Glad you got it sorted out and the forum has been helpful for you up!

Hope you enjoy your Lancashire and maybe you will post a pic of it for us sometime content

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2