The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi fom a Nuevo owner

+3
Ramblingon
Paulmold
John
7 posters

Go down

Hi fom a Nuevo owner Empty Hi fom a Nuevo owner

Post by John Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am

Hi,
We have a Nuevo ES 2004 which we purchased 18 months ago. We bought the ES (4 berth model) mainly to increase the clothes carrying capacity as we are both keen hill walkers and tend to have lots of gear.We use the luton area to store the gear.

We really love the Nuevo because of it's size and manouverability. There have been several issue with it and this is what I would like to share on the Forum. Chronologically:

1. The water level sensor did not work correctly , ths meant removing the tank and upon discovering the cover for the electrical contacts had fallen apart, replaced the sensor assembly.

2. The Fresh Water tank emptying tap leaked and had to be replaced.

3. The missis pulled one of the windows closed without releasing the struts correctly and this snapped the perspex resulting in a very costly replacement window.

4.Following the winter layover, even after I had drained the system the kitchen tap seals leaked and a new cartridge had to be fitted.

5 I noticed that there was a bulge surrounding the mains inlet connector, upon removing the connector it appears there was damp for approx 6 inches around the connector, once dried out and resealed it appears to be ok now.

6 All cupboard catches have had to be rescrewed to ensure they don't rattle.

7 The step down alarm switch failed and had to be replaced.

8. Thanks to MMM magazine I finally rewired the radio so it doesn't switch off after 20 mins even when driving.

9.Just replaced the seals on the Thetford Loo cassette to stop it drippng whilst carrying it to be emptied.

10. Finally, The Habitation door never appeared to seal correctly so I bought some new door seals from A/s but even then daylight shone through one side, this I eventually cured by "adjusting" the door hinges with a mallet to centralise the door in its frame.

Thats it for the problems (so far) and as I said earlier we do love the vehicle.

As for modifications, I have changed the following items:-

I have added a Solar panel and configured it so I now charge the Leisure and Vehicle Battery via a switch and this stops it going flat over winter.

I changed the single socket to a double one above the fridge.

I put a new mains socket and a 12 v dc socket supplied by the Solar Panel 12 v regulator plus an extending TV bracket arm on the wardrobe wall next to the control panel

As I said earlier, we only use the luton area for gear stowage so I removed the mattress/ ladder/ folding wooden frame from the area and the amount of weight that saved was very surprising. we use a small folding step to gain access to the luton area and this step doubles as a drinks table between the drver and passenger seats at night.

Thats it for Modifications.

Trips so far have included Germany/ France/ The Peak and Lake District and we try and get away locally every other weekend.

Thats us . Bye for now.

John
John

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES 2004

Back to top Go down

Hi fom a Nuevo owner Empty Re: Hi fom a Nuevo owner

Post by Paulmold Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:07 pm

welcome from Paul and Carol in North Wales. handshake
Glad you are enjoying your Nuevo despite the various problems you've had. I presume it was not new when you bought it as I would've wanted them sorted under warrantee. If we ever change our Symphony, the Nuevo would be on the short-list due to the short length.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingon Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Welcome to you both, Photos of work would be great to see- next time you have to fix it, I doubt if there will be a next time, Just looked at the 2004 and it is a super van very versatile up!
Ramblingon
Ramblingon
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Welcome to the forum. Glad you like your Nuevo they are nice vans
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:42 am

Welcome to the forum John

asof_welcome2

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Hi fom a Nuevo owner Empty re hi from nuevo owner

Post by nuevo newby Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi john this is my first post as a possible nuevo owner. The van i am looking at (nuevo es 2004 model) has also got the same problem of water ingress around the mains inlet, a small bulge in an area of about three inches above the socket, as it is a private sale i will have no warranty. My question is did the bulge just go away when you resealed the socket and what did you use to re seal it with.
nuevo newby

Auto-Sleeper : nuevo

Back to top Go down

Hi fom a Nuevo owner Empty Nuevo ES Bulging Power Socket

Post by John Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Nuevo Newby,

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, Been away.

The bulge around the mains inlet socket was cured by removing the socket, cutting back the polystyrene until all was dry (about 6 inches in diameter then clamping a 12 inch block of wood to the socket hole, squirting gap filler in the hole and then cutting out a new hole when dry,
The whole job couldn't be in a worse area as it is all behind the Truma boiler gubbin's under the closet.
It was done over a year ago and appears to remain dry,

i have read on other forums that owners have returned the van to A/S and they have fixed it with additional wooden struts.

I am not sure where the water ingress occured but with a new Mains Inlet socket and some Sikaflex the problem appears to have gone away.

Regards, John
John
John

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Waves117 Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi John

Welcome to

Waves117 wave
Waves117