The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crockery

+4
Paulmold
daisy mae
rogerblack
DaisyDuetto
8 posters

Go down

Crockery Empty Crockery

Post by DaisyDuetto Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:17 am

hi we have an original autosleeper dinnerset that we took out of our van as someone on a campsite told us they are quite valuable and difficult to replace broken pieces.
I believe our set is called "Primula" and is made by Wood & Sons does anyone have any idea of how much this set is worth?
Many thanks
DaisyDuetto
DaisyDuetto

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Crockery Empty Re: Crockery

Post by rogerblack Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:25 am

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:25 pm

I have kept mine and packed safely away in case I sell the van, would like to keep it original.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:58 pm

The Spring Bouquet sets from around 1997 appear on Ebay fairly regularly and sell for less than £20. Dealers in such things try to sell pieces separately for around £3 making a full set cost around £48 but they hang around for ages. So value depends whether you want a quick sale or are prepared to wait. Personally I keep mine wrapped and stored away so the van can be original when I come to sell it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:18 pm

DaisyDuetto wrote:hi we have an original autosleeper dinnerset that we took out of our van as someone on a campsite told us they are quite valuable and difficult to replace broken pieces.
I believe our set is called "Primula" and is made by Wood & Sons does anyone have any idea of how much this set is worth?

A/S used two designs, both from Wood & Sons. The factory was in Burslem Stoke-on-Trent, went into Receivership in 1981 when my ex-father in law bought the business outright. He passed away in 1993 and the company finally closed for good in 2005. 

This is the "Primula" design; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wood-Sons-Primula-Green-Dinner/dp/B0001URMDW How much is a set worth? Pretty much how much anyone is willing to pay for one! As with most Duetto's the sets were often removed by owners or more commonly, traders who would swap them into a Duetto they had for sale which was in better condition but missing the crockery set!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Rono Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:23 pm

I' glad that you have keep yours as most of the owners do but one our resale we have no crockery or glasses even the battery was removed from the air con controller there are some tight wads about,  rant over.
 Sorry! I know not all people are frugal but it gets me if there is a set of what ever glasses plates cups in the van as sold, why nick them! we would not use them any way as we have our own we like and have had from years of camping.camping
Rono
Rono

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:34 pm

We use ours all of the time when in the van, its bomb proof. Hate the melamine stuff.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:48 pm

Check out correlle crockery, seriously good stuff, very light, unbreakable and just like china to use.... on the original subject I think the value is very little, we have our A/S set which we will just put back in the van when we come to sell it!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:47 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:We use ours all of the time when in the van, its bomb proof. Hate the melamine stuff.
Boaby

Same here.  It's there to be used . . .

cheers
Roger
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:13 am

groundhog wrote:Check out correlle crockery, seriously good stuff, very light, unbreakable and just like china to use.... on the original subject I think the value is very little, we have our A/S set which we will just put back in the van when we come to sell it!

Not quite unbreakable, I've seen a plate shatter into a million splinters, but in general use yes virtually unbreakable. Correlle don't do mugs though, their mugs are standard crock (and therefore standard breakable) because they can't put a handle on the correlle.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down