The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EL Duo Crockery & Cupboard

+4
PLOUGHLIN
Bertie Bassett
Peter Brown
CC
8 posters

Go down

Broadway EL Duo Crockery & Cupboard Empty Broadway EL Duo Crockery & Cupboard

Post by CC Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:09 pm

Calling all Broadway owners....

Can you please clarify which crockery set was supplied with your Broadway? Dimensions of plates etc if possible would be appreciated as I'm having a heck of a job finding a set that will fit, as a standard dinner plate is approx 10" and the width of our cupboard is just 9 1/2" which is fine if your van comes complete with the crockery fitted! But the previous owners being the "Tight Barstewards" they are, removed it & have caused me a real headache (Thanks for that whoever you are!) fedup

As you may be aware a few items were missing from the Motorhome when we bought it, ie Wine Glasses, TV Bracket, & the Crockery. After being badly let down by Marquis (Northants) who promised at the time of purchase of our Broadway, to supply a set from Auto-Sleepers or if unable to 'at worst' they would obtain a used crockery set from another vehicle. (Which we know they had in a Suffolk at Northants never mind any of the other 11 dealerships they have)

Upon collection, they gave us a new set of Melamine crockery which is great, until we got home & discovered it wouldnt fit! fedup
Their response was to fit a new wire plate rack in the larger adjoining cupboard next door... Erm NO THANKS!
Why would you make a purpose made crockery cupboard with plate & mug cutouts obsolete scratch head

When we sold the Nuevo everything was complete, in hindsight we could have kept the crockery set but then that makes us no better than the previous owners of the Broadway.
After contacting Marquis HQ they basically said... its a second vehicle hence we cant force people to leave in crockery sets etc..
They seem to forget even though its used in their eyes...  its still a £40,000 vehicle & I do expect it to come with crockery if not, then at least have a set supplied!

Incidently if anyone has removed theirs and would be willing to sell it to us please let us know? as at the moment were just flogging a dead horse!

I bet the previous owners dont have a clue how much inconvnience they have put us through for such a small gain to themselves. We had the same issue with our Nuevo but at least Andrew Cooper at Spinney Motorhomes had the courtesy to obtain a set from another vehicle so it was complete, feel really let down by Marquis over this, which is a real shame as otherwise the buying experience was pretty good.

Its possible other models might be fitted with this narrow cupboard so heres a pic for reference good2

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Broadway EL Duo Crockery & Cupboard Empty Re: Broadway EL Duo Crockery & Cupboard

Post by Peter Brown Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:31 pm

In 2011 our Malvern came with a set of Melamine in a carry case.  There was a chrome plate rack and a chrome mug rack fitted in one of the cupboards.  I think it was 2009 or 2010 when they stopped supplying proper crockery (although they still provided the wine glasses).

WE sent the melamine to a charity shop and bought crockery from Denelm Mill.  I made ties from bits I had lying about:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Broadway EL Duo Crockery & Cupboard Empty Crockery set

Post by Bertie Bassett Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:38 pm

CC, If you can wait till April when our new Broadway is delivered you can have the set complete and un-opened. I have no idea whether it will fit but you will be welcome to it if it does.
Mrs BB has decided on 'Corelle' as she thinks our old melamine set scratched too easily. (It's nearly twenty years old.......... confused3  so what does she expect but compromise is the order of the day in the Bassett household....... we men know it makes sense hugegrins ).

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Broadway EL Duo Crockery & Cupboard Empty Re: Broadway EL Duo Crockery & Cupboard

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Peter Brown wrote:In 2011 our Malvern came with a set of Melamine in a carry case.  There was a chrome plate rack and a chrome mug rack fitted in one of the cupboards.  I think it was 2009 or 2010 when they stopped supplying proper crockery (although they still provided the wine glasses).

WE sent the melamine to a charity shop and bought crockery from Denelm Mill.  I made ties from bits I had lying about:

Peter
My 2011 Gloucester came with a set of crockery and glasses (2) It is Porcelite Standard available here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I presume this is as supplied by AS.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:04 pm

Our elderly Executive came with no dishes and after trying some melamine we already had, I bought Corelle dishes and I am very happy with them. They fit our plate rack very well. I did not buy the mugs and having now seen them elsewhere, I am glad as they are very heavy and bulky.
I cannot go and measure the plates as we are not near "Doris" at the moment but I could at the end of next week.
Louise
Doris
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:47 pm

Corelle mugs are not made of the glass compound that the rest are made of because they cannot made a handle so the mugs are standard porcelain/earthenware. They are also not covered by the Corelle guarantee.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:54 am

In our first Broadway which had one previous owner exactly the same as Cruising Comet's, we had the crockery and wine glasses left in the van. We replaced these with our own melamine and glasses from our previous van as we preferred these, when we part exchanged the van for another Broadway (also supplied with a full set) we returned the old van complete with crockery and wine glasses.
Marquis were surprised and said we don't expect them to be returned but we wouldn't have kept them anyway.
We have again taken out the supplied set and the wire cup and crockery racks and continue to use our own, should we change the van we will return it with everything fitted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:26 am

Peter Brown wrote:In 2011 our Malvern came with a set of Melamine in a carry case.  There was a chrome plate rack and a chrome mug rack fitted in one of the cupboards.  I think it was 2009 or 2010 when they stopped supplying proper crockery (although they still provided the wine glasses).

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for the pic winkin!

I guess your small locker doesnt have this 'Rather crude' cutout base as in our Broadway...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Marquis offered to fit the wire plate rack in the larger locker that I see you use (understand they went over to this system on later models) but by doing this the current purpose made locker with the crockery cut outs then becomes obsolete which I cant really see the point in... Due to the TV, Wine cabinet & Book case that all drop down sacrificing storage for gimicks, locker storage really is at a premium in the Broadway EL so we dont want to lose the valuable space in the larger next door locker storing the crockery.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:35 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:CC, If you can wait till April when our new Broadway is delivered you can have the set complete and un-opened. I have no idea whether it will fit but you will be welcome to it if it does.

Thank you for the offer Bertie Bassett up!

That's extremely kind of you... I suspect it will be the same as supplied by Marquis as they got them from Auto-Sleepers, its a nice melamine set but just sadly doesn't fit the locker! Had they designed the crockery cut outs to go sideways instead of width ways none of this would be an issue as a standard plate would fit, so whichever crockery set was originally supplied it was obviously quite compact in dimensions.

I seem to recall the set in our Nuevo was reasonably compact, it was the white set with the narrow silver band around the edges so it may have been supplied with this one.

If when you get your set Bertie if you could measure the circumference and if you should find its no larger than 9 1/2" then I would happily pay you for the set, providing we don't find something suitable in the mean time of course, but been looking for almost 4 months now without success.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:42 am

PLOUGHLIN wrote:
My 2011 Gloucester came with a set of crockery and glasses (2) It is Porcelite Standard available here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I presume this is as supplied by AS.

Thanks never heard of the Porcelite brand before but there seems to be a good range of stuff on their web site, quite possible an oval or square set might well fit.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:44 am

Doris wrote:Our elderly Executive came with no dishes and after trying some melamine we already had, I bought Corelle dishes and I am very happy with them. They fit our plate rack very well. I did not buy the mugs and having now seen them elsewhere, I am glad as they are very heavy and bulky.
I cannot go and measure the plates as we are not near "Doris" at the moment but I could at the end of next week.
Louise

Thanks for the offer Louise...

I have looked at Corelle and they all seem to be too large to fit the locker as standard smile!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:45 am

Hi CC

It does look that is an AS cut base for large plates, small plates, dishes and mugs. It would be great if anyone has a picture of the crockery that was installed - or was it cut to accept the melamine set?

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:56 am

Milhouse wrote:In our first Broadway which had one previous owner exactly the same as Cruising Comet's, we had the crockery and wine glasses left in the van. We replaced these with our own melamine and glasses from our previous van as we preferred these, when we part exchanged the van for another Broadway (also supplied with a full set) we returned the old van complete with crockery and wine glasses.
Marquis were surprised and said we don't expect them to be returned but we wouldn't have kept them anyway.
We have again taken out the supplied set and the wire cup and crockery racks and continue to use our own, should we change the van we will return it with everything fitted.

I totally agree gimmefive

I see all these accessories as part of the vehicle

Our first Auto-Sleeper a Trident came complete with everything (must have just been lucky) our second Auto-Sleeper a Nuevo had been stripped bare ie no wine glasses, crockery or cushions, it cost us almost £200 to have a set of cushions made up for the Nuevo through Regal Furnishings ordered in by Auto-Sleeper parts...

This time we were adamant not to go through the same experience and were reassured by Marquis they would sort it only to let us down, on a positive note luckily they did obtain a new set of the chrystal wine glasses (even though never use them) and all the cushions were present in the van including the end bolsters.

This really is a niggle for me having experienced it twice in a row, if you went to buy a car and all kinds of bits had been removed from the interior would it be acceptable? its supplied by Auto-Sleepers with these accessories from new and they belong to the vehicle NOT the owners in my opinion but it seems most "Auto Sleeper Owners" think differently  scratch head

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:59 am

Peter Brown wrote:Hi CC

It does look that is an AS cut base for large plates, small plates, dishes and mugs.  It would be great if anyone has a picture of the crockery that was installed - or was it cut to accept the melamine set?

Peter

I suspect its the crockery set just before they went over to melamine Peter... might seem a little thing to most but its proving extremely frustrating tap_fingers hugegrins

Yes, if anyone can show a 2008-2011 Broadway complete with the AS crockery in the locker it would be a great help at least I could try to identify then up!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by richard.d.m Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:10 pm

the plates in our broadway are porcelite vitrified hotelware think the plates are the narrow rimmed type on the back with name is bs4034 and d1.10 on the back of the cups it says purewhite utopia tableware . typed porcelite into google loads of places sell them the standard set look the same will try to upload some photos
richard.d.m
richard.d.m

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway el

Back to top Go down

Post by richard.d.m Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:31 pm

can not upload photos email me and i will send them to you
richard.d.m
richard.d.m

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway el

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Cruising Comet wrote:

Peter

Hi Peter

I guess your small locker doesnt have this 'Rather crude' cutout base as in our Broadway...

That cutout base looks just like mine. Will measure our plates, just brought the van home to charge the batteries. The mug cutouts don;t work very well with straight sided mugs . My plates are plain white Porcelite, no silver band, so may not be original. will report back.  allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:43 pm

richard.d.m wrote:the plates in our broadway are porcelite vitrified hotelware think the plates are the narrow rimmed type on the back with name is bs4034 and d1.10 on the back of the cups it says purewhite utopia tableware . typed porcelite into google loads of places sell them the standard set look the same will try to upload some photos

I think Pure White Utopia are not Porcelite but Utopia. See here  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Cruising Comet wrote:
Bertie Bassett wrote:CC, If you can wait till April when our new Broadway is delivered you can have the set complete and un-opened. I have no idea whether it will fit but you will be welcome to it if it does.

Thank you for the offer Bertie Bassett up!

That's extremely kind of you... I suspect it will be the same as supplied by Marquis as they got them from Auto-Sleepers, its a nice melamine set but just sadly doesn't fit the locker! Had they designed the crockery cut outs to go sideways instead of width ways none of this would be an issue as a standard plate would fit, so whichever crockery set was originally supplied it was obviously quite compact in dimensions.

I seem to recall the set in our Nuevo was reasonably compact, it was the white set with the narrow silver band around the edges so it may have been supplied with this one.

If when you get your set Bertie if you could measure the circumference and if you should find its no larger than 9 1/2" then I would happily pay you for the set, providing we don't find something suitable in the mean time of course, but been looking for almost 4 months now without success.

CC

Pick up is 3rd week of April, and we can't wait. If they fit they're yours and all you have to do is collect them or arrange to meet somewhere, no money required, the crock set will only sit in the garage gathering dust and the Broadway will be our seventh and final van so wont be part-exing it in the future! up!

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:14 pm

Cruising Comet wrote:
Hi Peter

Just measured the van.

Cupboard is 250mm internal width.

Bowls are 160mm D1.10 code, oatmeal?
Small plates 165mm D2.09 Narrow rim?
Large plates 238mm D2.09 narrow rim?

I didn't get mugs so can't say what should be there, could be Napoli or conical stacking.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Thanks all for the replies.. feel like I might be making some progress at last best_friends 

Have sent you a PM Richard with contact details to receive your photos, thanks for your help up! 

Thank you Bertie too... Hopefully I'll get sorted but if not thanks again for your kind offer smile!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:41 am

I'm pretty sure that new vans will be supplied with the melamine stuff, just like Marquis got for you and came with our van. The melamine that came with our 2012 van is sitting in our attic with the wine glasses. We use French white china from the hypermarkets - I think it is called Duralex.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down