The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crockery Rack/Holder

5 posters

Go down

Crockery Rack/Holder Empty Crockery Rack/Holder

Post by Alison H Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a first time motorhome owner and have just bought a 2006 AS Pollensa, it came with no crockery which is not a problem as I will buy some but could someone more experienced please advise what the best rack/holder for crockery in this motorhome is ?  I looked at another Pollensa and it had a built in wooden one in a top cupboard which mine doesn't have.  Any suggestions/recommendations would be welcome.  Thanks!
Alison H
Alison H

Female

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Crockery Rack/Holder Empty Re: Crockery Rack/Holder

Post by groundhog Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:37 pm

To be honest Alison many of us take the crockery racks out. We have correlle crockery very light, much nicer than melamine and virtually unbreakable It is stacked in a tupperware type tub and kept in the cupboard. That way it is secure and doesn't rattle!! 

Shame, I just gave away a brand new set of a/s crockery ( melamine) you could have had it but the racks are still here!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:37 pm

I bought the plastic caravan / motorhome rack from Motorhome  show , it holds dinner plates and smaller plates plus extra, and dishes, the cups I have china, don`t like melamine cups / mugs these stack in two wire cup racks , one either side of the plate rack, in between plates I have the cardboard plates that are used for parties, the cups have a piece of kitchen roll around them before stacking, no moving or rattles. handy when want to use. no unpacking.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:14 pm

groundhog wrote:To be honest Alison many of us take the crockery racks out. We have correlle crockery very light, much nicer than melamine and virtually unbreakable.

Shame, I just gave away a brand new set of a/s crockery ( melamine) you could have had it but the racks are still here!
What Hog said - mostly.

Built my own rack which makes maximum use of the cupboard space - unlike the one supplied by A/S. Corelle is indeed much nicer, and it is virtually, but not completely unbreakable!! blushes

I drove off in a hurry one day after removing all the Corelle to adjust the rack, and forgot that it was on top of the fridge. One hell of a crash later the floor was covered in tiny pieces of Corelle. In it's defence however, only two plates broke and the whole lot hit the deck. Had it been ceramic crockery I doubt if any of it would have survived.

I still have a brand new set of a/s crockery (melamine), but Southampton is a long way away, and it's big and heavy. You wouldn't want it anyway if you compared it with Corelle! smile!

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:33 pm

artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:56 pm

artheytrate wrote:I've removed our plate rack as it took up to much room and fitted this.

John.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiamma-Omni-Stop-Secure-Plate-Holder-for-Caravans-Motorhomes-Boats-04912-01-/272129959144?hash=item3f5c35a4e8
How do you find it, is it easy to lower and raise also how many plates  will it take, is it rattle free and secure?

The reason I need to change my set up as I have bought a 20 piece melamine dinner set from Costco, when taking it out the box checked on the bottom that it was melamine, looks and sounds like pottery, very good quality. the plates and bowls are bigger than my old set hence the need for another holder / rack. or anyone have any other ideas as to the best way, I don`t want them packed away in a box, I want them  accessible to use.

Thanks for any info
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:41 am

daisy mae wrote:
artheytrate wrote:I've removed our plate rack as it took up to much room and fitted this.

John.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiamma-Omni-Stop-Secure-Plate-Holder-for-Caravans-Motorhomes-Boats-04912-01-/272129959144?hash=item3f5c35a4e8
How do you find it, is it easy to lower and raise also how many plates  will it take, is it rattle free and secure?

The reason I need to change my set up as I have bought a 20 piece melamine dinner set from Costco, when taking it out the box checked on the bottom that it was melamine, looks and sounds like pottery, very good quality. the plates and bowls are bigger than my old set hence the need for another holder / rack. or anyone have any other ideas as to the best way, I don`t want them packed away in a box, I want them  accessible to use.

Thanks for any info

It is very secure and we find it very good, it holds quite a bit of crockery but we just take enough for 2 people, we don't take the full set. I also picked some type of felt pads from a show that slide between the plates and bowls to prevent any noise, and by the way our crockery is the American glass stuff called Correll or similar.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:56 am

Thanks John,

Have the Correll in the caravan, this new set is very good does not look or feel like melamine, I have china mugs though, trouble is the cupboards in my van are not that wide, so will have to go and measure to see if I can fit one in, one of the reviews said that it was hard to raise and lower the arm, that is one reason why I asked.
Best regards,
Margaret.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down