The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting a bigger fresh water tank to a Nuevo

4 posters

Go down

Fitting a bigger fresh water tank to a Nuevo Empty Fitting a bigger fresh water tank to a Nuevo

Post by Hellfire Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:03 am

We have a 2003 Nuevo which has a fairly small fresh water tank. 47 litres according to the owners manual. I notice that later Nuevos are fitted with bigger tanks and I wondered if it is possible to change the existing tank for a bigger one. Has anyone done this?

Male

Member Age : 43
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Fitting a bigger fresh water tank to a Nuevo Empty Re: Fitting a bigger fresh water tank to a Nuevo

Post by Paulmold Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:37 am

My 2006 Nuevo which I would think has the same tank holds around 13 gallons which equates to 59 litres. The waste tank is I believe around 9.5gallons which is 43litres. Is it the mark 2 that has a bigger tank? Or later Mk1's.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Fitting a bigger fresh water tank to a Nuevo Empty Re: Fitting a bigger fresh water tank to a Nuevo

Post by Hellfire Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:00 am

I don't know. I'm a bit vague as to when Mk1s were superseded by MkIIs and whether there were any chassis changes  that allowed a bigger tank to be fitted.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:04 am

The changeover is between the x244 and x250 chassis. I would have thought yours and mine would have the same tank. Have you actually measured the amount it takes by using 2 or 5 gallon containers to fill.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellfire Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:11 am

That's my next move

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:30 am

2 years ago, we looked at a 2007 Inca. Researching it beforehand, we discovered it had a 50 litre fresh water tank, I asked Autosleeper direct if they would be able to replace it with a bigger tank, they said no.
We bought the van anyway, and quickly discovered the water system had been contaminated with diesel. The dealer immediately agreed to replace the entire fresh water system (which just reinforced my belief that he knew about it when he waved us off his forecourt!). On collecting the van, the workshop said they had replaced the 50 litre tank with an 80 litre one, which I checked and they had.
It still has the original 38 litre waste tank, but we use a waste hog anyway so that doesn't matter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:46 am

The early Nuevos and the later Nuevo Classic on the X250 were narrower than the Mk2s and later versions so I suppose space is limited underfloor.

Apart from this the vehicle MLW or what ever its called nowadays needs to be taken into account and your personal load allowance.

You could consider a special which could be a different shape but I doubt the cost would warrant the benefit.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellfire Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:21 am

Thank you for the replies. I think we will have to soldier on with what we have. Not sure why Auto Sleepers ever trout that 50 litres was an adequate size but the rest of the van is great.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:08 am

My 2004 EK Nuevo has the 100 litre water tank fitted. Until I met a 2003 Nuevo owner in France last month who was complaining about his small tank, I thought mine was standard fitment. Looking underneath, the skirt would have to come off to remove the tank.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:53 pm

bikeralw wrote:My 2004 EK Nuevo has the 100 litre water tank fitted. Until I met a 2003 Nuevo owner in France last month who was complaining about his small tank, I thought mine was standard fitment. Looking underneath, the skirt would have to come off to remove the tank.

Do you travel with it full - that's 100kg ?
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:55 pm

Yes, always full, plus 25 litres or so in two containers. Moving every day and spending the nights on aires or camper stops, you never know if water will be available. Full or empty, I've found no difference in performance or MPG.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down