The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Awning Light Changing Bulb ?

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo Awning Light Changing Bulb ? Empty Nuevo Awning Light Changing Bulb ?

Post by CC Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:34 am

While away in France our awning light on the Nuevo failed... It's the glass oval bowl shaped light as fitted to other models before AutoSleeper changed over to the newer style. 

my first question is 

Does anyone know the procedure to change the bulb ie how is the glass or acrylic shade removed without breaking?

Secondly does anyone know the bulb type fitted in these lamps? And if there is an Led replacement that will fit?

Any advice or tips appreciated smile! 

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Awning Light Changing Bulb ? Empty Re: Nuevo Awning Light Changing Bulb ?

Post by roli Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:43 am

If its the same as the Windsor the lense is held on by an O Ring (AS did not for some reason fit the surround) and you need to find the prise point.

When its off there is a normal bulb and yes you can substitute as I did with an led.  I could have used adhesive strip as with all the other roof typre lights but I didnt and fitted
an LED via an appropriate adaptor from Leisurepower (just down the road from us)
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:51 am

Hi Roli

I note there are little cut outs are these the prise point you refer to? Was just worried it could be brittle and crack or shatter... Will have a better look tomorrow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:17 am

Hi CC
Just put a screwdriver blade in the slots and carefully prise off. It's a fairly positive click. On our Gatcombe the cover showed signs of heat burn. I managed to purchase a complete new unit from Roadpro in their clearance stock a year ago for £3.99 ! I couldn't find one anywhere else. Roli's solution of an LED is a very good idea as the original bulbs do get very hot and the cover will eventually discolour. 

Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:17 am

Johns seems to be same system as ours. ie: gentle screwdriver prise

The complete light has a steel cover which is secured to the van and you should get these from a decent accessory shop. Mine came from Spinney so if you damage the lense you can easily identify the orginal lamp
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi CC
We had to have our awning light bulb changed this year. It was done at the factory and they had to remove the whole unit from the van to change. They said the lens does not come off separately! what a stupid design.
Think if my bulb goes again I will get A/S to fit the slimmer led design fitted to the latest model.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:47 am

Thanks everyone for the tips... Had a look at the shade and a slight gentle prise was enough for the shade to pop off

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sookey Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:12 pm

CruizingComet wrote:While away in France our awning light on the Nuevo failed... It's the glass oval bowl shaped light as fitted to other models before AutoSleeper changed over to the newer style. 

my first question is 

Does anyone know the procedure to change the bulb ie how is the glass or acrylic shade removed without breaking?

Secondly does anyone know the bulb type fitted in these lamps? And if there is an Led replacement that will fit?

Any advice or tips appreciated smile! 

CC
Hi CC

Did you get your bulb fitted? Can you tell me, please, what bulb you used?. The bulb has gone in mine and I havent a clue what it looks like - I dont want to take the cover off until Ive got a bulb ready to put in. Will be away in the van towards the end of the month, so it would be handy to have the awning light in use, especially when I take the dog out last thing at night doggy 

thank you
regards

Moira
Sookey
Sookey
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down