The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inca noisy water pump

+5
Tony F
marky-gee
Alf
roli
ROGER GARRETT
9 posters

Go down

Inca noisy water pump Empty Inca noisy water pump

Post by ROGER GARRETT Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:40 am

Can anyone tell me why the water pump on my inca sounds like a pneumatic drill, this isnt just water hammer. it is so strong I think it must separate the pipe joints in short order. On the write up for the inca van there was a critique as regards the pump and they wer'nt kidding.. Does anyone know of a cheap fix, or is it a case of replace for peace
ROGER GARRETT

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Inca

Back to top Go down

Inca noisy water pump Empty Re: Inca noisy water pump

Post by roli Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:28 am

Not sure on the Inca where the pump is mounted and how. I did see a mod on the Executives pump mounting where some thickish sponge was put between the pump mount and the board it was mounted on to take some of the vibration out (owner claimed) We never had a problem with ours and in the current van its very quiet in fact not sure where it is !!!
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Inca noisy water pump Empty noisey water

Post by ROGER GARRETT Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:29 am

Thanks Roli

Have now looked into the problem in a bit more depth, think the situation is :-

Check secure mountings, Check secure pipe clipping, Adjust pump if possible, check tap jumper not causing vibration, and if not solved, fit a sureflow accumulator.

Any other suggestions anyone?
ROGER GARRETT

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:42 am

ROGER GARRETT wrote:Thanks Roli

Have now looked into the problem in a bit more depth, think the situation is :-

Check secure mountings, Check secure pipe clipping, Adjust pump if possible, check tap jumper not causing vibration, and if not solved, fit a sureflow accumulator.

Any other suggestions anyone?
Roger fit a Fiamma Accumulator this stops pump hammer by keeping an even pressure in the system it will increase pump life .

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Inca noisy water pump Empty noisy water

Post by ROGER GARRETT Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks alf,

Seems to be the best solution and not cost prohibitive. The benefits will out weigh the cost and effort, Can't imagine filling the kettle for the wifes wake up tea as things stand.
ROGER GARRETT

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ROGER GARRETT Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Have located the pump mounted under the floor in a metal box surround, pipework then seems to go into the cavity under the wardrobe/behind the gas/electric fan heater. Only access seems to be to form an opening through the wardrobe base to get to the pipework, and fit the accumulator.

Has anyone got experience of doing this- is there an easier way? ie there is a pipework tail beneath the bench seat above-can I link into that?
ROGER GARRETT

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marky-gee Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:35 am

This is the perfect thread in this topic, we also have this problem and im currently looking for a solution to our hammer,so thread subscribed.
marky-gee
marky-gee

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Inca noisy water pump Empty Water Hammer

Post by Alf Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:10 am

ROGER GARRETT wrote:Have located the pump mounted under the floor in a metal box surround, pipework then seems to go into the cavity under the wardrobe/behind the gas/electric fan heater. Only access seems to be to form an opening through the wardrobe base to get to the pipework, and fit the accumulator.

Has anyone got experience of doing this- is there an easier way? ie there is a pipework tail beneath the bench seat above-can I link into that?

Roger you only require a link pipe into the cold feed from the pump in a conveinient place to fit the accumulator there are 2 connections on the accumulator but you can blank one off

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ROGER GARRETT Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks alf.

I did notice that in the info for the unit you recommended, will find a suitable location and get one fitted. I will advise how it all goes, and provide a photo record as it might help others with the same problem. Thanks for your continued assistance. R
ROGER GARRETT

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony F Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:43 pm

roli wrote:Not sure on the Inca where the pump is mounted and how. I did see a mod on the Executives pump mounting where some thickish sponge was put between the pump mount and the board it was mounted on to take some of the vibration out (owner claimed) We never had a problem with ours and in the current van its very quiet in fact not sure where it is !!!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too; ours is as noisy as a noisy thing with a licence to be noisy (It's under the wardrobe floor in ours Roli). I've always assumed the noise was simply a result of the size of the pump (it seems big to me) and where it's mounted, so what is this thing called "water hammer" and what is an accumulator please?

Tony
Tony F
Tony F

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Tony F wrote:
roli wrote:Not sure on the Inca where the pump is mounted and how. I did see a mod on the Executives pump mounting where some thickish sponge was put between the pump mount and the board it was mounted on to take some of the vibration out (owner claimed) We never had a problem with ours and in the current van its very quiet in fact not sure where it is !!!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too; ours is as noisy as a noisy thing with a licence to be noisy (It's under the wardrobe floor in ours Roli). I've always assumed the noise was simply a result of the size of the pump (it seems big to me) and where it's mounted, so what is this thing called "water hammer" and what is an accumulator please?

Tony

Water Hammer is actually Fluid Hammer it is the noise transmitted by water when the pump turns on or off and when a tap or valve is opened and closed, slight air or water leaks in the pipework ,taps or pump allows the pressure in the water pipe to lower and the pump kicks in this can vibrate pipes if your pump cycles in this fashion it is due to pressure drop this can be helped by fitting an accumulator or surge damper this is basically an air bag in a container this keeps the water pressure up and stops the pump cycling as much it can save pump life and battery usage on our Symbol you can fill the kettle before the pump kicks in.
A further advantage is when you turn the pump off the next time you turn it on be it hours, days or weeks later if the pump kicks in straight away you know you have a water leak.

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony F Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks Alf up! . Think I'll have a look at the mountings first.

Tony
Tony F
Tony F

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk 6

Back to top Go down

Inca noisy water pump Empty Re: noisy water

Post by Silver Slurper Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 am

On my Inca the water pump was very noisy. I found the pump under the wardrobe floor and dicovered that it was mounted on a 3/4'' plywood base which was only secured to the wall with 2 screws allowing the whole lot to vibrate. 2 more screws later and the noise was reduced by at least 50%. Also the pump discharge pipe was routed between the wall and the gas fire flue, the heat and pressure exerted had flattened it quite a bit. A new 12'' bit of pipe round the other side.of the flue done the job.
Silver Slurper
Silver Slurper

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Orian Zeta

Back to top Go down

Inca noisy water pump Empty Inca Noisy Water Pump

Post by Rednose Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:42 pm

We have had our MH since June this year and find the water pump to be really noisy! I quite admire those of you who have removed the wardrobe floor and are able to reduce the noise level by adding a couple of screws etc. I am afraid to do any DIY jobs just in case I cause another problem.

Is there anyone who has managed to find a mechanic or dealer who can rectify the problem? scratch head

There was a really interesting article (available on the website) regarding the Inca and one of the negatives in the report was the noisy water pump, but no suggestions how to solve it.

Rednose
Rednose
Rednose
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Inca EK 4 berth

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:06 pm

As a potential Inca owner in the future (still not entirely made our minds up Inca/Nuevo) I would also be interested as is Rednose in the procedure to remedy this problem?
If anyone has details as to whats involved or even some photos that would be most helpful gimmefive Does this problem occur on the Nuevo's also or just the Inca?

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:19 pm

I can't recall where I read it but I remember something about the problem is the pump being tightened too much and just needs to be slackened off a bit. Don't the screws that hold it down go through rubber mounts and these need to be loosened to enable the rubber to absorb the vibration.

See this thread from MHfacts, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also this one deals with the same problem [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down