The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What ramps/levelers are you using?

4 posters

Go down

What ramps/levelers are you using? Empty What ramps/levelers are you using?

Post by natmat Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:36 am

Hello all,

My 3-level Fiamma ramps are showing their age and cracking now. Time to replace them and wondering what others are using and would recommend.
I need them for my Broadway, which may limit whether I go 3/4 levels, because I still want them to fit in the outside locker.

These are what I have:
https://fiammastore.com/product/fiamma-kit-level-up-with-or-without-carry-bag/

I'm tempted with these Milenco 3:
https://www.milenco.com/imager/uploads/products/833/4923-Trident-Level-Main-Image_a9155f63c9481decd720fe4654ee0d31.jpg

Any recommendations please?
natmat
natmat

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

What ramps/levelers are you using? Empty Re: What ramps/levelers are you using?

Post by Paulmold Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:05 pm

I have Milenco Triples but if the Tridents had been around back then, I'd have bought those.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:18 pm

I started off with the Milenco Triple 2 but unfortunately on their first outing I spun the front wheels which broke off some of the lattice.  I think the problem was I was trying to do a hill start and hadn't quite got the rear wheel parking brake off.  I also found that my R15 wheels didn't sit comfortably in the pocket and so generally chocked the other wheels as well as applying the parking brake.

I then bought the Fiamma Level Up Jumbo.  It only had two flat levels and the second level wasn't quite as high as the Milenco's 3rd level but like the Milenco it fitted into the skirt wet locker.  I used them for a while but found on at least one occasion that the drive wheels lost grip on them and I nearly always had to secure them so that they didn't shoot out from under the wheel which is quite alarming when it happens.  They also became cracked so I reverted to the Milencos which on balance I think were best.

We are fussy about having a completely level van and being able to park the van on a pitch for the best view looking forward.  As a result we nearly always used ramps and often had to experiment with them to get the van level.  As I couldn't see the ramps whilst driving onto them I had to rely on my wife to guide me which didn't always work and was stressful for her.  So we splashed out on an automatic levelling system and haven't looked back since.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by natmat Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:59 pm

The fit of the tyres in the Milenco ramp was something I had wonered about. I'm sure mine are also 15".

On my travels I've seen some self-levellers and been tempted, but for now they're something I can live without on this MH.
natmat
natmat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky Wed May 01, 2024 8:56 am

We have the same Fiamma Level-Up kit as you, with bag.  The wife and I have got into a good routine now when using them, finding it better to reverse onto them, than go forward.  With the 16" tyres however, we find that the flat parts are not always big enough, and the tyre overhangs the drops between the levels.  Not the best, but we manage when necessary.

the van is nose down, so we do look for pitches with a slight slope so that we don't have to always use the ramps.  We have considered self-levelling - we had it on a previous A Class - but we are close to maximum weight now and can't afford to go over.
Rocky
Rocky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by natmat Wed May 01, 2024 8:52 pm

Now I’ve measured the storage, Milenco is out of the options, it has a small 20.5cm high opening.
I think it’ll go for the Fiamma again.

Thank you all for your comments.
natmat
natmat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by natmat Tue May 14, 2024 6:34 pm

After re-checking the storage space, Milenco it is. I bought the 3 level. They’re much more robust than the grey Fiamma, the extra rise is also better for my cab-low Broadway.
natmat
natmat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by natmat Tue May 14, 2024 6:42 pm

And here they are in use…

Hmmm, can’t add photos today
natmat
natmat

Male

Back to top Go down