The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milenco Levellers Anyone?

+4
whisky
murph
TeamRienza
CC
8 posters

Go down

Milenco Levellers Anyone? Empty Milenco Levellers Anyone?

Post by CC Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:43 am

We currently have a pair of the Fiamma level up levellers but find these mostly inadequate on some of the sites we have visited, so am thinking of getting a pair of the Milenco Quattro levellers but at over £40 a pair they are not cheap! We find the Fiamma ones are not wide enough and the tyres tend to overshoot the sides of the ramp, also like the bowl shape of the Milenco ramps so the wheel sits in the curve unlike the flat surface of the Fiamma ramps, height wise we have often felt we could do with a little more.. is anyone here using them and what are your thoughts?

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Milenco Levellers Anyone? Empty Re: Milenco Levellers Anyone?

Post by TeamRienza Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:25 am

Hi comet,

I have a set of the milenco quatro 4 step levelers. I got them free by subscribing to Practical Motorhome, (an offer they have not repeated).

They are of excellent quality, but very heavy, so I use them at home to level the van in the driveway. They have four height positions and are higher than any other levelers I have seen. Each position is curved to allow the wheel to sit for long periods of time without causing flat spots on the wheel (so say Milenco!), however the surface is hollow box grid vertical strips of plastic and I would be concerned that the weight of the vehicle will damage the tyres by cutting into the tread (hope you get what I mean). The width is excellent. the tyre is about two inches narrower than the leveler.

I suspect they will last forever, but I use Fiamma three step levelers when away as they are lighter and stack together quite neatly, unlike the Millencos.

Hope this helps,

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:49 am

Thanks Davy

Must admit I've read quite a lot of stuff about the size and weight of the Quattro levels which does put me off if I'm honest, another concern with the extra height is if I over run them which I have done surprisingly easy with our current Fiamma levellers!! so with this in mind I may just go for the 3 step Triple which I understand is still taller and wider than the Fiamma levels?

Does anyone know if the Milenco super level indicators are as good as claimed?

"MILENCO Super Spirit Level, Use this clever guage for fast and easy levelling. Position your motorhome on the level step indicated by guage. For use with MILENCO quattro and triple levels"

Thanks CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Milenco Levellers Anyone? Empty millenco levellers

Post by murph Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Hi CC,
Just spotted this thread though I am a little late. I have a pair of millenco quatro levellers, which I got as part of my prize when my bag tanks were selected as tip of the month in MMM back in February, However I found on account of their size they were difficult to stow so I cut them in half with a sharp woodsaw and made up an attachment for each, using a lenth of 6 mm threaded rod 2 large body washers bent to a right angle 2 x10 mm nuts ground off similarly, and 2 wing nuts. I use the small bits most of the time and only attach the other pieces when the ground is to steep for them
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by murph Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Milenco Levellers Anyone? Empty Re: millenco levellers.

Post by whisky Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:05 am

Hi Murph.

Like this one as well, another for my file of good ideas. Keep em coming.
Whisky. allthumbz
whisky
whisky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Milenco Levellers Anyone? Empty Milenco levellers

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:59 am

CruizingComet wrote:We currently have a pair of the Fiamma level up levellers but find these mostly inadequate on some of the sites we have visited, so am thinking of getting a pair of the Milenco Quattro levellers but at over £40 a pair they are not cheap! We find the Fiamma ones are not wide enough and the tyres tend to overshoot the sides of the ramp, also like the bowl shape of the Milenco ramps so the wheel sits in the curve unlike the flat surface of the Fiamma ramps, height wise we have often felt we could do with a little more.. is anyone here using them and what are your thoughts?

Hi Again Cruizing Coment
I have the triple levellers and find they provide the height I require on most sites, however I'm sure the quads would be better, there very strong with good treads, tend to collect the mud underneath. have a look around the sales this winter, I purchased mine 2 years back from Riverside leisure Preston, next to Marquis.
Have you pickup your Nuevo yet?
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Milenco Levellers Anyone? Empty millenco levelers

Post by dash Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:43 am

i have only used one side of my four millenco leveler ,very good at what they do only problem is storing them but a godsend when you need them

dave

('allthumbz')
dash
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrey Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:38 am

I'm homing on a levelling system to get for my Duetto -- awaiting pick-up. the Monster Mats (see Murph's post) appear to be a really good idea for possibly muddy field sites. And they are designed so that Fiamma Level-ups fit well on them. BUT I see that Fiamma Level-ups tend to be narrow, which could be extra tricky if I am alone!

So, Question 1: what about Fiamma Level ups Jumbo, which are 23.5cm wide compared with 20cm for standard, combined with Monster Mat, which is big enough for them?
Question 2: would not a sloping leveller be more flexible? the Level-ups go in steps, so you could end up too high of low?

I'm not up for complicated adaptations -- sorry! Though happy to get some off-cuts to supplement a bought thingy.
Thanks for any help...
Jinny
MrsGrey
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:52 am

With regard to the sloping type, known as Level Pro, I would advise against these having had them myself and they split under a motorhomes weight especially on soft ground. There was a thread on another forum regarding this ....mine did exactly the same.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrey Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:03 am

Paulmold wrote:With regard to the sloping type, known as Level Pro, I would advise against these having had them myself and they split under a motorhomes weight especially on soft ground. There was a thread on another forum regarding this ....mine did exactly the same.

I re-posted in the more recent thread about levellers -- but will reply here anyway. That' s very helpful re the sloping kind. What do you think about getting Jumbo LevelUps, for the extra width? They still fit the Monster Mats...
Jinny
MrsGrey
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:09 am

Yes the monster mats seem very good, saw a demo video about them, can't say I've paid much attention to the Jumbo Level-ups but I can see your point when you are alone.

Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrey Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 am

Just watched the video. 1 Like, 4 dislikes! scratch head
I love the bit where he's chasing the leveller over the tarmac. hugegrins Sold!
OK so the Jumbo Level ups and Monster Mats are the way to go. allthumbz
Jinny
MrsGrey
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Milenco Levellers Anyone? Empty Monster mats

Post by murph Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi Jinney and co,
If you are interested Milenco do a similar mat known as a gripmat which work well, I havent tried them on a hard surface but I cant see why they wont work just as well. I have 2 sets of these so that I can keep driveing from one to the next and then move them round, and continue moving them till I get to hard ground. There is of course the old fashioned thing. the bottom of old bread crates. these also work well and are cheaper if you can get hold of damaged crates from a bakery.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrey Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Bread crates -- nice idea.
Thanks Brian. However, as I am short of time before I set out for Suffolk fields, rolleyes I have gone ahead and bought Fiamma Jumbo levellers along with Monster Mats and I'll probably stick in a few wood off-cuts if I have room.
Jinny
MrsGrey
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down