The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show us your “Old Un’s”

5 posters

Go down

Show us your “Old Un’s” Empty Show us your “Old Un’s”

Post by deckie Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:03 pm

Thought I would give you a laugh at how things were for us in the ‘Old days’ …. “During the War” hugegrins

We had a few of my ‘Home conversions’ before, but this was our first “Real” Camper ….. A 1962 J2 'Bluebird Highwayman' …. With all of 1500 cc’s available !! …… we toured all over, including Wales (from Essex) ….. ignoring the queues and “two finger” salutes smile! smile!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Happy Days allthumbz allthumbz

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Show us your “Old Un’s” Empty Re: Show us your “Old Un’s”

Post by whisky Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:12 am

Hi Brian.

Yup those were the days. up! Two or three turn up's in your jeans (Wranglers of course) where all the rage. And of course the obligitory Brillcreamed quiff. console The height of cool.

Cheers. Whisky. angelic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi Whisky,

You forgot the "Old Spice" ... hugegrins

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Show us your “Old Un’s” Empty Re: Show us your "Old Uns"

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:32 pm

I could't let this go by without a comment! hugegrins

Our first 'camping' experience was with a J4 van, a matress, and a gaz one burner stove. No 'toilet' facilities -to speak of, just a spade and a grin.

We made it to Seaford where we 'wild camped' on the sea front just below the headland for 4 nights keeping the night fishermen company.

Wish we had photos of it, but no one thought of taking a camera, (took up too much space!)

That was 1972, the year after Chris and I wed, -fings is a bit different now! allthumbz

Mike & Chris
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:33 pm

I like seeing these old vans, one of the first things I look at in MMMs is the Classic Section
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffles Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:00 am

Our 1st motorhome was an old Bedford, 3 speed, push up roof, twin sliding front doors etc. Swopped our Mk 111 cortina 1300 for it at a local dealers. What a stupid mistake. Was I caught or what! What a dog. Never even had a cup of tea in it, let alone go away in it. My other half did not share my enthusiasm.
We took it round to my sisters that night to show our latest aquisition. We parked up, my other half got out, slid her door forward so I could lock it. Then got out my side, slid the door forward to close it so I could lock it. But the door did not stop, went right of the runners landing on the concrete floor of the carpark and rested itself against the wing! I just stood there gaping at this big hole in the front of my 'van. I warned my wife that if I saw even a slight crack in her lips our relationship would enter a new phase. She had to ask me to repeat what I had said as she was doubled up in pain and almost crying with laughter. Of course my sister took my other half's side for some unknown reason!

fluffles

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot executive

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 am

Knowing Mrs Fluffles as we do ……..

I think she would have been rolling about on the floor snigger snigger

Happy day’s Mate allthumbz

Brian & Chris

PS …. Please don’t tell everyone about our 'Honda Acty Romahome' (very short lived) experience blushes hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:43 pm

deckie wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Brian

Great pic decks up!

fluffles wrote:We parked up, my other half got out, slid her door forward so I could lock it. Then got out my side, slid the door forward to close it so I could lock it. But the door did not stop, went right of the runners landing on the concrete floor of the carpark and rested itself against the wing! I just stood there gaping at this big hole in the front of my 'van. I warned my wife that if I saw even a slight crack in her lips our relationship would enter a new phase. She had to ask me to repeat what I had said as she was doubled up in pain and almost crying with laughter. Of course my sister took my other half's side for some unknown reason!

fluffles

lol4 Made me laugh that... especially the bit about the wife doubled up in pain and almost crying with laughter hugegrins

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks CC allthumbz allthumbz

Brian

Donator
Donator