The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experience of external silver screens?

+2
CC
happyhelen
6 posters

Go down

Experience of external silver screens? Empty Experience of external silver screens?

Post by happyhelen Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:32 pm

Time is running out before we cross the channel to purchase a silver screen.
Previously just had an old one from Silver screen originals (not quilted or padded) but lightweight and did job and not too bulky.
Passed on when sold van. Fancy one that can fold down in middle. Space is an issue. Have seen one by Hindeman at £80 ish that is lighterweight and folds down but is 4 seasons too. Any advice experience. Want good quality too.
Need to decide quickly if going to get one before we go away next week.

Thanks Helen
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Experience of external silver screens? Empty Re: Experience of external silver screens?

Post by CC Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Silver Screens or Taylormade Screens both seem to be the tried and tested covers gimmefive

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Experience of external silver screens? Empty Re: Experience of external silver screens?

Post by Paulmold Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:54 pm

happyhelen wrote:Time is running out before we cross the channel to purchase a silver screen.

Seems a long way to go to buy one! (sorry)
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Paulmold wrote:
happyhelen wrote:Time is running out before we cross the channel to purchase a silver screen.

Seems a long way to go to buy one! (sorry)

I thought so too Paul ….. That’s why we’re in the “SillyGang” hugegrins hugegrins

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Experience of external silver screens? Empty crossing channell!

Post by happyhelen Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Sorry - been a long school year and I need a hol!!

Helen
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Helen... don't know if it helps but in this months ASOC newsletter there is a member selling a set of Silver Screen Paragon screen covers for a Boxer 2002-2006 which he claims have been used just once and is asking £99 including delivery (you might be able to knock him down) if you are interested let me know and I will PM his email address if you don't get the ASOC newsletter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dogseal Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 pm

Previously just had an old one from Silver screen originals (not quilted or padded) but lightweight and did job and not too bulky.
Passed on when sold van. Fancy one that can fold down in middle. Space is an issue. Have seen one by Hindeman at £80 ish that is lighterweight and folds down but is 4 seasons too. Any advice experience. Want good quality too.
Need to decide quickly if going to get one before we go away next week.

Thanks Helen

Hi Helen,

http://www.taylormade-covers.co.uk/index.html

We've had 2 of these covers, the first was on our old Renault Trafic ..gave good service for about 4 years Till we sold the van.
The one we have on our present van is just as good & we use it all year round. As well as keeping the front of the van warm they also block out the light totally..Usefull in the summer when it comes light early. The front part is velcro'd to the sides & can be folded down to let light in during the day. Expensive but worth every penny.

Hope this helps. Tim.
dogseal
dogseal
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Helen... just saw this used silver screen on ebay 4 days left and no bids (yet)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261074996770?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Zodiac Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:10 am

I've had a Silver Screen Paragon for 8 years and it gets a lot of use in all weathers, summer and winter. It's still in good condition and makes a real difference to the insulation. It fits perfectly so it doesn't flap against the window in the wind. A quality item that's well worth the extra few quid.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trident

Back to top Go down