The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern Motorhome Show

5 posters

Go down

Northern Motorhome Show Empty Northern Motorhome Show

Post by bulldog01 Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi, I've just heard from the ASOC rally marshall, Roger, who is in a Ford Transit rear wheel drive Windsor, who says he's been stuck in mud even before he reached the field allocated to ASOC for this weekend. As this is worrying I have rung Warners who say that at present the show is still ON, but keep an eye on the out and about live website for further information, they are hoping that today's, sun and wind will help to dry it out. Just thought it would be helpful to let people attending know it may still be wet.

bulldog01
bulldog01

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Northern Motorhome Show Empty Re: Northern Motorhome Show

Post by roli Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:12 pm

The sun has been shining all day and with the wind the ground is starting to dry out.Certainly better than this morning
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:13 pm

The sun has been shining all day and with the wind the ground is starting to dry out.Certainly better than this morning

Now Thursday Morning, woke up to bright sunlight smile!
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Any further updates ? From anyone there.

I was hopeful yesterday but it has rained quite a bit today. Had planned to come this evening or in the morning (work depending) but getting more fed up by the moment.

What's the ground like ?
Would rather waste the money and come as visitors than have to be hauled by tractor on or off.
The promised FB updates by Warners are a little sketchy.
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:31 pm

We we went and we're back home andthe van is washed (mainly for the wheel arches as the rest was still clean)
It was muddy and wet and the camping field had huge puddles of water. We go on and off without being towed but it was touch and go as to get out there was only one bit just wider than the van to get in and out of the field we were in (sort of a mix of general campers and exhibitors)
The exhibition area was a mess some of the stalls we didn't see as it was sea of mud. We ended up in the craft marquee during Saturdays downpour and the grass even in there was oozing water. Some of day visitors had no Ida and came in Light footwear. Hmm our boots are coated with mud but took all the carpets out before going and removing shoes at van helps. .
Most of the exhibitors were really good but totally fed up with the show going ahead.

There were tons of things wrong with the whole set up but not any of the marshalls fault but purely Warners for going ahead. We were in the freebie entertainment Saturday night and enjoyed the real ale bar.

Came across to see Roli in the AS section but not in (probably enjoying the show still as it was late Saturday afternoon)
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:12 am

Sorry we misssed you, we did go in the show Sat pm but Bulldog01 was, and parked next to us with a big forum sticker on as he was "on duty" when we wern't
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Next time perhaps Roli.
I won't pre book with Warners again as it should have been cancelled (I have my own views as to why they didn't cancel it)
It's our local show and works for us but you have to trust the Organisers to do the right thing.

I think there were a huge number of "no shows" as some of the rallies seemed a little quiter than usual.
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Campievanner wrote:
I won't pre book with Warners again as it should have been cancelled (I have my own views as to why they didn't cancel it)
It's our local show and works for us but you have to trust the Organisers to do the right thing.

I think there were a huge number of "no shows" as some of the rallies seemed a little quiter than usual.

Having not been to this years show but having followed the reports of it on several forums and having attended this years Peterborough Show , my view as to why they don't cancel is simple - if they cancel, they have to refund or credit for another show, if they don't cancel and you don't go, then they have your money and it's your loss not theirs. Only my opinion of course!
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Leisurepower Ltd Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:54 am

Paulmold wrote:
Campievanner wrote:

Having not been to this years show but having followed the reports of it on several forums and having attended this years Peterborough Show , my view as to why they don't cancel is simple - if they cancel, they have to refund or credit for another show, if they don't cancel and you don't go, then they have your money and it's your loss not theirs. Only my opinion of course!

And our opinion too, they certainly do not want to refund us traders for the stand space.

I think it would take a showground to disappear in a flaming cloud of radioactive dust before Warners consider calling a show off.
Leisurepower Ltd
Leisurepower Ltd
Trader
Trader

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:22 pm

A couple of the exhibitors we spoke to were looking at a couple, of options
1) an online type petition
2) to set up the show as a committee type event.

Wonder if Warners bad weather insurance wouldn't cover it and that's why they insisted on it going ahead.
I note the C&CC have cancelled the Feast of Lanterns ( not due till mid August) yet Warners couldnt see this after weeks of solid rain in NW.

I would try and help anyone get their money back (exhibitors mainly I realise) as everyone was badly done by this show going ahead. I have some photos.
Extreme weather catches people out but this was prolonged and not sudden.

Last edited by Campievanner on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Back to top Go down