The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton Water tank

+2
Boggie
Ragman
6 posters

Go down

Bourton Water tank Empty Bourton Water tank

Post by Ragman Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:55 pm

Could anyone please provide me of info/images of the under-setteee water tank on a current model Bourton.
I cannot find any info in the AS on-line brochure.
The same applies for the main electrical panel.
I am due to take delivery of a 2021 model in March (hopefully) & would like to check out the storage options.
Thank you in advance.
Ragman
Ragman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : POTENTIAL BOURTON
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Bourton Water tank Empty Re: Bourton Water tank

Post by Boggie Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:04 pm

Hi I am inserting a couple of pics of the under-bench area on our 2019 Bourton
I think that the positioning of the inboard fresh water tank and the leisure battery could be thought out better to make the most of the limited space available and as soon as I get  ours home next month I want to look at turning  the fresh  water tank through 90 degrees and moving it closer to the drivers end of the space.
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:45 pm

Ragman wrote:Could anyone please provide me of info/images of the under-setteee water tank on a current model Bourton.
I cannot find any info in the AS on-line brochure.
The same applies for the main electrical panel.
I am due to take delivery of a 2021 model in March (hopefully) & would like to check out the storage options.
Thank you in advance.
We have a 2019 Bourton (New model/chassis). It has a single water tank underneath the floor - as distinct from the earlier split tank with part in the locker and the other part underneath. Our hab battery is in this locker positioned crossways up to the heating pipe at the rear end of the locker. Good usable space left. Sorry no pics as the van is away in storage. Hope this info is useful!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragman Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:36 pm

Thank you both BOGGIE & LDPD for the valuable information.
I am hoping that there is a single water tank as I am hoping to utilise that space for the storage of Duvalay toppers.
I previously had an Autotrail Tracker EKS with huge over- cab lockers, however I am very much looking forward to a lower profile MH.with longer & wider single beds!
Back to the water tank again, am I correct in assuming that on a serviced pitch you can connect the Whale system directly on to the water supply and leave it pressurised & the unit that you 'plug in' continuously maintains the level in the water tank?
This sounds like a good system particularly as there is also the option of the open fill system for other applications.
Cheers
Stay Safe
Ragman
Ragman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:51 pm

HI Lpdp, thanks for your input, I’m interested to know when your 2019 model was built. Ours is the new cab shape and chassis, built at AS in NOV2018 and registered April 2019, If there is a possibility of a single fresh water tank option, then It may be worth investing in conversion to a single tank set up like yours. What is the capacity of your single tank set up compared to the 63 litres of the twin tanks?[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:16 pm

@LPDP, that would certainly be better use of space compared to the pics in the other thread (shown above)...could it have been any less space efficient?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:59 pm

Boggie wrote:HI Lpdp, thanks for your input, I’m interested to know when your 2019 model was built. Ours is the new cab shape and chassis, built at AS in NOV2018 and registered April 2019, If there is a possibility of a single fresh water tank option, then It may be worth investing in conversion to a single tank set up like yours. What is the capacity of your single tank set up compared to the 63 litres of the twin tanks?
We ordered in late 2018 with the stipulation of a single underfloor tank based on our previous experience of the split tank configuration. Build was around end March 2019 and we took delivery in May. Size is as per sales blurb ~62 litres

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:13 pm

Ragman wrote:Thank you both BOGGIE & LDPD for the valuable information.
Back to the water tank again, am I correct in assuming that on a serviced pitch you can connect the Whale system directly on to the water supply and leave it pressurised & the unit that you 'plug in' continuously maintains the level in the water tank?
This sounds like a good system particularly as there is also the option of the open fill system for other applications.
Cheers
Stay Safe
Works as you describe although we don't leave pressurised and tend to top the tank up when it's down  to 25%.

However, it does rely on the sensors working and the water level indicator showing correct levels on the AS control panel so that it can auto switch off the water supply when the tank is properly full. I mention this as the sensors are a common source of problems which you may find discussed elsewhere. The last time we used our van(yonks ago!) It all worked as it should - who knows what we'll find when we prep the van for our next outing?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragman Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:32 pm

Hi al
I'm still confused as to the current build water tank configuration.
Can I expect a water tank beneath the seat or has it been re-configured for the 2021 models?
If not can it be factory specified to have one underfloor tank?

Cheers
Stay safe
Ragman
Ragman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rventhusiast Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:26 pm

Boggie - we have a 2017 Bourton with the split tank system but I notice from your picture above the battery is also located beneath the same bed. Although I have recently had a lithium battery system installed using two 110ah batteries both these fitted neatly under the passenger seat where the original battery had been. You may wish to consider moving the gab battery to beneath the passenger seat to create even more space.

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

Boggie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm

rventhusiast wrote:Boggie - we have a 2017 Bourton with the split tank system but I notice from your picture above the battery is also located beneath the same bed. Although I have recently had a lithium battery system installed using two 110ah batteries both these fitted neatly under the passenger seat where the original battery had been. You may wish to consider moving the gab battery to beneath the passenger seat to create even more space.

David
I think the space available under the passenger seat in the newer model is why the battery is where it is in the underbed space.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Ragman wrote:Hi al
I'm still confused as to the current build water tank configuration.
Can I expect a water tank beneath the seat or has it been re-configured for the 2021 models?
If not can it be factory specified to have one underfloor tank?

Cheers
Stay safe
I would expect the newer model to have the single underfloor tank (less parts and more space) but you will only know for sure by asking your dealer to check with AS.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgain Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:08 pm

When we bought our 2016 Broadway we were tempted by the Bourton but the auxiliary water tank reduces the locker size. We put two Duvalays in the passenger side locker of the Broadway but the limited space on the driver’s side of the Bourton was a deal breaker. Assuming the Mercedes chassis is unchanged the main water tank would have limited capacity - 60 litres I presume. I don’t think this is adequate.
As mentioned above, the Whale system is good but whilst we were in France  the level switch didn’t work and the tank overflowed beneath the motorhome. AS said the switch was mounted too low and that it was a known problem which they fixed. Of course, if you are on a slope this could cause a problem so I don’t recommend permanent connection.
BornAgain

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragman Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:01 pm

Thanks for that BornAgain,
I have managed to contact AS and been informed that there has been an update on the Bourton design for the water tank on latest model production (Subject to 100% clarification)
The inboard one has been removed & incorporated into one underslung unit, this is very good news. 
The leisure battery is still under the bench.
Ref the Whale system, I see it as a convenient way to fill the tank if on a serviced pitch but leaving the bollard filler tap shut when not filling.
I have had some great info from the Forum members so thanks again.
Stay safe
Ragman
Ragman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lainie Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:11 pm

We have a Nov 2019 Bourton that has an underslung water tank. I am adding two photos of underneath each of our side benches if it helps? blush[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lainie
Lainie

Female

Ragman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragman Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:42 am

Thank you Lainie, very helpful.
I assumed that you have two leisure batteries??
Ragman
Ragman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lainie Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:25 pm

Yes we have 2 leisure batteries, air con, premium pack, internet and a tracker.
Lainie
Lainie

Female

Ragman likes this post

Back to top Go down