The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On-site washing

2 posters

Go down

On-site washing Empty On-site washing

Post by steamdrivenandy Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:48 am

Not sure if it was on ASOF that I recently saw a discussion about cleaning vans on site.

However I've just seen something that takes the biscuit. We're pitched on Troutbeck Head CC site at present and across from us there was an unbranded poptop VW T5 PVC. It's sheeting down with rain and forecast to last all day with bouts of lightning. Movement outside the T5 caught my eye and there's a chap wiping around the front of the van, in the rain, wearing just a fleece and a pair of shorts. He's now got in the van, presumably soaking wet and driven off on roads that are awash. No I couldn't think why he bothered either.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

On-site washing Empty Re: On-site washing

Post by Roopert Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:27 am

It could have been me! (but it wasn't).

If I've done a long leg the previous day in warm, sunny weather, both the windscreen and headlights are likely to be covered in squashed insects, so if it's raining before I set out, that's an ideal time to wipe away the insect juice on the lights - when it's been softened up by the rain.

If the bugs on the screen are really baked on I might wipe the screen over as well rather than relying on the wipers - though generally they will wipe the crud away eventually.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

On-site washing Empty Re: On-site washing

Post by steamdrivenandy Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:45 am

I can understand that if it's a shower, or the rain has softened stuff and then stopped. But this was shortly after the rain started and it's forecast to last to nightfall. So wherever he's gone he'll be plastering the van an route.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down