The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 Nuevo EC700 Control Panel

Go down

2019 Nuevo EC700 Control Panel Empty 2019 Nuevo EC700 Control Panel

Post by marconi Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Further to having no instructions for the EC700 control panel supplied. I have noticed a glitch which occurs intermittently.

The Mains Current indication of Battery charging and Appliance load current dissapears completely, the entire charging current comes from the solar panel and the load current from the Leisure battery.
The fault clears if the Power is switched off on the EC700 and back on or the PSU is switched off and back on or the mains supply circuit breaker is switched off and back on.

I suspect this is a software glitch in the EC700.

The online EC700 instructions which are for an earlier version read.

*Control Panel locked / erratic function*

Observe control panel handling instructions. Control panel software may have crashed.  Reboot control panel by turning off the PSU isolate switch.  Wait 30 seconds then turn the switch back on.  Check with your dealer that your system has the latest software installed, as an update may be available

The reboot instructions of course work to restore correct charging operation as they involve switching the PSU on and off.

The EC700 version I have is clearly an unfinnished experimental version with inoperative timer functions and even spelling mistakes on the display. Its a pretty poor show for Auto Sleeper to supply this on a new van and with no instructions and probably in need of a software update. I await replies from Sargent and Auto Sleeper on the matter.

Has anyone else come across this.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

2019 Nuevo EC700 Control Panel Empty 2019 Nuevo EC700 Control Panel

Post by marconi Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:12 pm

Observing the charging for longer, I think the PSU could be being closed down by the inteligent charge system once both batteries are charged and there is little or no current load. I was loading more gear in the van today and the PSU leapt back into operation without any intervention. Give me an old fashioned on off switch every time.

A little later there was a constant noise which turned out to be the water pump, no water had been turned on, nothing I did would stop it running except switching it off via the control panel, I left it off, trying it now and then to see if it stopped once pressure was up. Once I had booked a trip to the dealers tomorrow and after a few more tries it started performing normally again. This seems like a an old fashioned sticking pressure switch to me, or does the control system sense the pressure and we do have a glitchy control system. Tomorrow I will find out what the dealers engineers know about the system.

One of the users on this forum has an adage, 'never ever buy new', Hmm.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down