The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo 2007 Control Panel

+5
PLOUGHLIN
Cymro
burlingtonboaby
Roopert
LouLouQ
9 posters

Go down

Nuevo 2007 Control Panel Empty Nuevo 2007 Control Panel

Post by LouLouQ Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Hi 

We just bought a Nuevo EK 2007.

We have the following control panel and battery but I can work out if we're using the hook up rather than the battery. The lights come on but I can't get the fridge to come on.

Can you please advise. Thank you.
LouLouQ
LouLouQ

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2007 Control Panel Empty Re: Nuevo 2007 Control Panel

Post by Roopert Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:09 pm

LouLouQ wrote:the following control panel and battery

Hi and welcome to the forum - it looks like you intended to attach more info but it didn't work? There are several control panels that might have been fitted to a Nuevo of that age, so a photo of it will definitely help!.

One of the things that you may not have realised though: the 3-way fridges that A/S fit as standard cannot run from the battery if you are not on hookup. The 12 volt part is only for use while the engine is running (it takes too much power to be able to operate from the battery, which it would flatten quite quickly). So if you're away from mains hookup, you need to run the fridge on gas.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLouQ Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Thank you for your reply. I tried to add a photo but I can't seem to do it using my phone. 

We have hook up but I don't know if the electricity is from the battery or the hook up. The lights come on but I can't get the hot plate on the hob or fridge to work.
LouLouQ
LouLouQ

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:04 pm

We don't know what make of fridge you have ? If it's a three way fridge the control switch should be set to mains electric, some fridges have a thermostat inside.
Assuming you have a Spinflo cooker ??, you may well have a mains switch underneath the cooker, located  within the bottom drop down glass locker.
The more info you provide. The more help you will get.  up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:10 pm

Welcome to the Forum.
Please forgive me if much of the following is known.

The general way in which the habitation electrics work is like this. When hooked up to mains, the mains comes via the trip switches to various places. One is the charger which tops up the leisure battery, which in turn powers the 12v devices such as lights.
Another mains feed goes to the fridge, so it can use its mains element. Another goes to the hob. Another feed the mains socket outlets.

Which lights are working? If they are the strip lights or similar fitted lights inside the van, they work from the leisure battery. So they don't help us. 

Assuming you're on hook-up, first check that something can work from the mains (e.g. by plugging a charger or a mains reading light etc) into a mains socket. If that doesn't work, then the problem lies at that level. The cable and its connector may be faulty, or the main"fuse" - the trip switch RCB - may have cut the current because of a fault.

But if a mains device does work, then the problem with the fridge not working on mains electricity may be because its element has died - or its RCB has tripped.

Turning specifically to the fridge, it can run on gas; it can run on mains; and (only when driving) it can keep itself cool via 12v.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:13 pm

The control panel should have an option to show the battery voltage. If the Hook up is operating through the charger the voltage should show >12.7v.

Is the charger switched on?
Have you checked the MCBs are on? If there is a normal 3 pin socket, plug something in it, does it work? ie is power coming through the hook up lead.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:10 am

Check your electric is working. Look at your trip switch in the wardrobe. It sounds like it's not. Plug your electric kettle in or similar to check. I have a Neuvo 2006 so should be similar to yours. If it's not the electric let us know. Hotplate will not come on unless you are on electric. There is a switch under the oven (as stated in other post) but nobody would switch it off but check. Sometime plugging into the hookup can trip your trip switch. Don't ask me why but someone on here will know.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Vehicle Year : 2006

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLouQ Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:50 am

Thank you all so much! We have much to learn. I'll be out again today.
LouLouQ
LouLouQ

Female

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:56 am

LouLouQ wrote:Thank you all so much! We have much to learn. I'll be out again today.
What was the problem you had. Trip switch??????????
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLouQ Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:43 am

Well. We have light. But the plugs don't work when hooked up. The dealer we bought from told us it's our fault and we've blown the fridge! Although it works when driving and on gas. The electric hob plate doesn't work either so no 230v :(
LouLouQ
LouLouQ

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLouQ Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:54 am

No fuses are gone. The control panel shows the battery is being used. I'm at a loss, we're going to call the warrenty people.
LouLouQ
LouLouQ

Female

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:57 am

Your lights work on the leisure battery when you have no electric.. Your electric is not working. Why l can't say. Fused? Get a mobile engineer to look for you. It could be as simple as a fuse. Have you looked in the wardrobe at the fuse box. Are all the switches on. Up or down I cant remember.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Is your control panel like this.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:42 am

LouLouQ wrote:The dealer we bought from told us it's our fault and we've blown the fridge!

That's ridiculous - it's pretty much impossible to "blow" a fridge. The dealer should be named and shamed.

There are some very simple things you can do to check how far into your system the mains power is getting when on mains hookup. The simplest is to connect the hookup cable, then go to the mains circuit breakers, turn all of them on (switches all up, all little windows showing red) and then press the "Test" button on the main (biggest) circuit breaker. If the main circuit breaker trips off, you have mains to that point. If not, the problem is with the mains hookup itself (either the cable, the plug or the socket - or the way that you are using the socket).
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gollum Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:19 pm

As Roopert has said, start by making sure electric is getting into your neuvo by testing the earth leakage trip. If the trip works check that each of the trip fuses/circuit breakers is on. There should also be in the back of the wardrobe some beige coloured isolator switches make sure they are turned on. Now recheck each of the 240v pieces of equipment to see if they are working. The 240v system is totally seperate from the 12v system except where it powers the battery charger. It's ashame your so far away from me as I would be happy to check it out for you. I have retired now but was in the caravan and motorhome industry for about 35 years including working at Autosleepers in the research and development dept for 8 years.
Gollum
Gollum

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo ES

FreelanderUK and LouLouQ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:36 pm

This is a shot in the dark, but how did you plug your hook up cable into the van?

A common mistake is to fold back the hinged cover and try to insert the plug. All this will achieve is to bust the hinged cover!! (Ask Mrs Gromit about that one!!!! rolleyes)

The cover must be opened out by 90 degrees so it's flat to the ground, and slid into the socket housing ahead of the plug. There is a channel for it if you look.

The next problem is pulling the plug out!! It will have locked in place, so you have to press down the blue lever at the left, probably quite hard, and wiggle the plug until it lets go.

Hope your problem is this simply fixed.  smile!

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Welcome to Gollum - an ex-AS employee! 

Whilst we are talking hook up, don't forget some hook up bollards need you to twist the plug to make the contact (mostly used on CAMC sites).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

LouLouQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLouQ Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:08 pm

We have a victory!!! No thanks to the sales man at 4Front West Sussex we found the circuit breaker switch (no idea if that is the correct term). A massive thank you to you guys. I knew there had to be a switch I couldn't find. Also a huge thank you to the maintenance guys Jim & Frenchie at the Kingfisher Caravan site at Stokes Bay, they helped me with checking the cable, the box and testing all our plugs. Eventually, knowing I had to look in the wardrobe, we took out the draw and found what we needed.

I feel really angry with 4Front as they showed me the control panel, the fuse box and said that's all you need. When we phoned them they told us we had blown the fridge as I didn't read the manual, that three other people had phoned them that day and we all needed to learn to read the manual. They made us feel so stressed at a time when we would have been overjoyed with our first Motorhome. I'm also really gutted that they made me feel so stupid. When with some simple advice and encouragement from you and these guys I worked it out. We are so happy and now look forward to our first adventure. Knowing there are great people around to enjoy it with. I hope you all have a great day blush
LouLouQ
LouLouQ

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Glad you have it sorted.  up!

I'm not normally vindictive, but your dealer needs a good kick up the backside. The way he has treated you is appalling, specially as he has obviously relied on your lack of knowledge and experience to try and con you into thinking it was your fault.

If it were me, I wouldn't let it rest there. Most dealers are pretty honest (more or less! rolleyes ) but it takes only one or two like this to give them all a bad reputation.

I have to wonder how they could possibly have given you a proper and comprehensive hand-over when the mains electricity was switched off!!  scratch head Maybe the owner or MD needs reminding of the power of social media these days!!

Enjoy the van, and ask away if you have more concerns. That's what this forum is for!!

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLouQ Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:16 am

Thank you. We're in Devon having a lively time.
LouLouQ
LouLouQ

Female

Back to top Go down