The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System

4 posters

Go down

Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System  Empty Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System

Post by Wogga383 Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:54 am

We intend to tour Scotland, France and Germany mainly, before we decide to go for this on a Neuvo any opinion on how the Maxview copes with reception? Price seems very reasonable for an option, however I have the low profile Snipe seems to have a devout following. As long as we can get the main 5 UK channels we will be happy.

Does the Maxview perform as you expected, wish you hadn't got it?
Wogga383
Wogga383

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Longridge
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System  Empty Re: Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System

Post by Peter Brown Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:51 am

A friend who travels with this has had this Maxview for a year.  Initially it suffered water ingress that killed the motors but since that's been fixed its fine.

The Snipe uses the same antennae as my camos that I've had for 6 years but is automatic rather than manual.

Both work well as long as you have line of sight, no trees or heavy rain/thick cloud.

With either, you will only get the UK channels on Astra 2 in the very north of France and the very west of Germany.  For most of France and Germany you can use Astra 1 for BBC and Sky news.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System  Empty Re: Maxview VuQube II Automatic Satellite System

Post by Gromit Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:54 am

As one who hasn't had the telly out of its box under the bed for over a year, please feel free to ignore my comments!!  Whistle1

Since the satellite footprint was tightened up we haven't bothered with a sat dish at all (partly for the reasons Peter states above) but previously I used a relatively cheap Maxview Crankup. With very little practice it became quick and easy to get a good lock, often while the automatic jobs were still doing little pirouettes on nearby vans.

One big advantage was (still is I guess) that when the satellite transponders change it doesn't affect a Crankup, while an auto finder may need tedious re-tuning which could be tricky. I recall Camos owners having annoying problems some time ago.

Just a (money saving) thought!  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:04 pm

Manual operated dish is cheaper lighter lower and more reliable.  Some are more vulnerable to wind than a dome.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi ,weve got a vu qube 2 ,used it in Scotland in places with no TV signal about 3 times ,all good ,can take a little time to log in , but had a multimo manual dish previously ,so its much easier, and it has twin LNBs ,ideal for Freesat +    Kind regards         Paul up!
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Wogga383 Wed May 02, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks all for your responses, it stirred me to do somemore delving and I am now up to date, doesn’t seem a bad choice either.
Wogga383
Wogga383

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Longridge
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down