The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Automatic Satellite Dish?

2 posters

Go down

Which Automatic Satellite Dish? Empty Which Automatic Satellite Dish?

Post by nigelhewitt Wed May 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Dear Members, Any advise would be very much appreciated. We have a Nuevo II, and I would like to install an automatic satellite dish, at present we holiday in France, but in the future may try Spain, I do not think a 65 or 85 cm disc will fit on the roof. They all say the bigger the dish the better the coverage. What do you think is the best model to get the best signal even in the south of Spain? I have been advised that a Oyster Caro may fit but coverage may not extend to the South of Spain. What have you fitted?
Thanks Nigel content
nigelhewitt
nigelhewitt

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo

Back to top Go down

Which Automatic Satellite Dish? Empty Re: Which Automatic Satellite Dish?

Post by Dutto Wed May 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi Nigel,

We have a Caro and it performs as follows:

o Everything south to Narbonne and north to the Baltic in Germany.

o News programmes via Astra 2 south to Alicante.

o News programmes by Astra 1 or Hotbird down to Malaga.

Needless to say we can get a variety of non-UK programmes all over Europe via a variety of satellites.

Having said the, after sorting through a thousand Albanian TV channels to find something that is worth watching I start losing the will to live! tap_fingers

Hope this helps. allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

PS Just seen that this is your first Post. It helps if you introduce yourself!! wave wave

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by nigelhewitt Thu May 23, 2013 9:28 pm

Dear Ian, Thanks for the information, very useful. up! Sorry I did not introduce myself. My wife Jane and I had a Symbol for 2 years which was a great van, which we enjoyed a great deal. We now have had our Nuevo II for 2.5 years and enjoy the extra space. We live in Hertfordshire and try and get away at weekends. I am a Paraglider Pilot so we have explored many areas up tiny single track lanes looking for take offs !!! It is surprising just where you can end up!!! We also have taken the Nuevo twice to the French Alps skiing!!!! First time it was minus 13 at night.........now that is a long story"!! We have had 2 wonderful holidays touring Brittany. smile! Best wishes Nigel & Jane wave
nigelhewitt
nigelhewitt

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu May 23, 2013 10:35 pm

Nigel and Jane,

It may seem a little silly but you should still introduce yourself in the "Welcome" Section so that Forum Members without satellite dishes know that you are here. wave

I liked the description of your adventures; especially the tour of Brittany where I find resisting all that Calvados a real struggle! champagne champagne

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down