The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Broadway EL Duo - Has anyone got one ?

2 posters

Go down

2013 Broadway EL Duo  - Has anyone got one ?  Empty 2013 Broadway EL Duo - Has anyone got one ?

Post by Jonesie Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:44 am

Having looked twice at the Worcester and Broadway EW, I’ve discovered the EL Duo. It’s single beds suit me better than the Broadway EW.
I’d appreciate any comments on this model, especially regarding its apparently low payload, and the ease of finding a place in Coventry to refill the gas tank. It would seem this model wasn’t that popular, as there are only three for sale in the U.K. How many were built ?
Jonesie
Jonesie
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

2013 Broadway EL Duo  - Has anyone got one ?  Empty Re: 2013 Broadway EL Duo - Has anyone got one ?

Post by Paramedic Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi Jonesie, our first trip away in our used FB in March 2016, first stop was the local council weigh bridge. With newly fitted Fiamma Pro-C and two electric bikes, full tank of diesel, food for a week, wardrobe stuffed with clothes (time of year) all other stuff and we two collectively weighing about 125kg. Surprisingly, the van weight was exactly 3,500kg with no fresh water in tank. We had used up all our user payload being only 305kg. If we ever toured (especially abroad) the van would need stuff taken off to allow some fresh water. We need to visit weigh bridge again to balance what the van can accept with say at least half a tank of fresh water. We like the fixed bed arrangement and there's so much storage available but ironically has only 305kg. user payload. You need to be mindful if considering the end lounge design if wishing to hang a safari room from the roll out awning as it could interfere with the habitation door opening? Regards

Last edited by Paramedic on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong date)

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

2013 Broadway EL Duo  - Has anyone got one ?  Empty Re: 2013 Broadway EL Duo - Has anyone got one ?

Post by Jonesie Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Thanks Paramedic, the one I had my eyes on has been reserved this morning !
Jonesie
Jonesie
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down