The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No 12 Volt Electrics

+7
1Oll
roli
boxerman
Dutto
Paulmold
modelman
mbellinger
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No 12 Volt Electrics - Page 2 Empty Re:No 12V Electrics

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi Paul,
As purchased, last November, my Symph is as follows, reading light over passenger seat, (off hab battery), no extractor fan. All hab 12V is off when ignition on, with the exception of the supply to the fridge, which actualy is controlled by a relay under driver's seat, adjacent to the hab battery and main hab supply fuse(es). One other point, there is a 'Sea= Dog' battery condition meter adjacent to the right of the zig panel, for voltage reading of 'veh' or 'hab' batteries. (2 posn. switch and cheapo voltmeter)
I do not find any problem with the operation of the 12V systems, it seems quite logical to me that the fridge would get its 12V supply when you are not supposed to travel with your gas supply on. (Which I would not do anyway)
Any help?
Cheers,
Mike D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

No 12 Volt Electrics - Page 2 Empty Re: No 12 Volt Electrics

Post by Paulmold Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:49 pm

1b449 wrote:Hi Paul,
As purchased, last November, my Symph is as follows, reading light over passenger seat, (off hab battery), no extractor fan. All hab 12V is off when ignition on, with the exception of the supply to the fridge, which actualy is controlled by a relay under driver's seat, adjacent to the hab battery and main hab supply fuse(es). One other point, there is a 'Sea= Dog' battery condition meter adjacent to the right of the zig panel, for voltage reading of 'veh' or 'hab' batteries. (2 posn. switch and cheapo voltmeter)
I do not find any problem with the operation of the 12V systems, it seems quite logical to me that the fridge would get its 12V supply when you are not supposed to travel with your gas supply on. (Which I would not do anyway)
Any help?
Cheers,
Mike D

Thanks Mike D,
I have the reading spotlight over passenger seat but not over rear passenger seat like Martin, I think Martin's is an addition that previous owner put in. I don't have this extra panel next to Zig panel for battery condition, my water meter buuton also acts as battery condition (for leisure battery only) with just a red and green light. Can you switch your charger to charge either battery, if so, that was a good improvement that AS put in, wish I had that.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

No 12 Volt Electrics - Page 2 Empty Re No 12 volt electrics.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi again Paul,
Ok, the small battery condition panel I refer to purely selects a volt reading from either battery. As you say if it had the facility to change charging to either battery this would be a more useful facility. At present I use a stand alone charger to keep the veh battery topped up if the van misses out on it's weekly (try to) run. I also carry a charged 12 volt 25aH battery as a 'back up', and generally use this to power a small telly through an inverter. (I think you would call this 'belt and braces'.)
Cheers,
Mike D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

No 12 Volt Electrics - Page 2 Empty Re: No 12 Volt Electrics

Post by chrisvesey Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi,
Under the drivers seat there are two relays which energise when the engine is running, one switches on alternator supplied power to the fridge, the other switches off leisure battery supply to the 12 volt systems. If you really want to shrugg you could identify which is which and disconnect the sensing feed to the relevant relay so that it doesn't know the engine is running, bearing in mind that you have modified the manufacturers design!!!!! talk to Autosleeper about it. To charge the engine battery from hook up I have a battery master fitted which looks after this job,
Regards,
Chris Vesey
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : sold it
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2