The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo es, 12v Habitation supply

+2
moggyminor1966
Flynn
6 posters

Go down

Nuevo es, 12v Habitation supply Empty Nuevo es, 12v Habitation supply

Post by Flynn Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi,

Both my previous camper van (Bongo) and the motorhome I had before that (Eura Mobil), allowed you to use the habitation 12v supply(ie leisure battery) with the engine running. This meant that, raising the roof on the Bongo for instance or, when using the pump to flush through the system at the beginning of the season in the Euramobil, didn't place to much strain on the leisure battery.

I've just been winterising my Nuevo es (2004 model) and whilst draining down the system I realised that if the engine is running the habitation 12v supply doesn't function.

It seems that once the engine is running the power panel is switched off.

Can anyone confirm whether this is normal in Autosleepers and can it be overridden.

Thanks

Flynn
Flynn

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Nuevo es, 12v Habitation supply Empty Re: Nuevo es, 12v Habitation supply

Post by moggyminor1966 Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:36 pm

It is the same in my 2011 Nuevo EK. I confirmed this with my dealer and that is how it is wired.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Most coachbuilts irrespective of manufacturer cut off the 12v habitation circuit when the engine is running
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Nuevo es, 12v Habitation supply Empty nuevo ES

Post by murph Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:55 am

Our 2004 Lacashire a Marquis special version of the Neuvo is the same, as was the Elddis we had before, as Roli says this seems to be normal in modern coachbuilts. I understand this is done as a safety system, though I cant see what safety is involved. Can anyone enlighten us

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:13 pm

All the MHs I've owned have cut off the 12 volt habitation supply when the engine is running it seems to be common to all manufacturers the exception being a Devon VW Sundowner camper I had back in the late seventies (where have all those years gone ?).
I am unsure as to thinking behind this, think_smiley_46 possibly to prevent the use of apppliances like gas heaters etc while on the move, and also the reflection of internal lighting on the windscreen when driving at night. I remember the old London Transport buses used to have a blind that dropped down behind the driver to illiminate the reflections of the inside of the bus which would otherwise have compromised nighttime vision. content

John.
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Nuevo es, 12v Habitation supply Empty Thanks for the comments received so far

Post by Flynn Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi

Thanks to everyone above for your responses.

At least now I know my electrics are working according to spec. but I still don't really understand why it should be.

As some of you have suggested maybe it is a safety issue.

Flynn
Flynn
Flynn

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Nuevo es, 12v Habitation supply Empty 12 volt Hab: supply

Post by Neuvosleeper Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Yes, we all suffer in silence over this un'necessary ( my opinion as a sparks) deletion of the on board control system 12v, Mary has just put her 4 penath in saying "i get so annoyed with the stupid thing its too high, in the wrong place and I hate pushing buttons". It must, as already put" a road transport regs: Elf, I could over-ride it no doubt but this will void that A/S carefully worded warranty !! also whilst writing, the heating stat/ controls also are ill placed, the whole sysrem is suspect and "not user friendly-- my opinion this we find out too late. scratch head Nuevo 11 2011. Brian.
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down