The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil warning light flashes continually

3 posters

Go down

Oil warning light flashes continually Empty Oil warning light flashes continually

Post by crisp Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:29 am

On the way up the motorway the oil warning light started flashing. Peugeot 2.2 2013. Checked oil it wasn't bad but added some anyway. Oil light continued to flash for next 50 miles. No overheating, no other problems any ideas?
crisp
crisp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Oil warning light flashes continually Empty Re: Oil warning light flashes continually

Post by -mojo- Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:17 am

If Google is correct, it's due an oil change:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting that the helpful chap in that video tells you how to turn the light out - but he doesn't actually say "and remember to get your oil changed"!

BTW, if anyone else gets oil lights up on the dash and they don't know what they mean, I strongly suggest that you don't just keep driving. Sometimes it means that oil ~pressure~ is low, and you can quickly wreck the engine if you drive far with one in that state.

Last edited by -mojo- on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad smelling)
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Oil warning light flashes continually Empty Re: Oil warning light flashes continually

Post by Mrgeoffrey Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Not sure if it could be related but I remember reading this a few months ago when I was looking at a van from this period might be worth investigating.                                                                                                                                                                                               

Post subject:  Ford Transit 2.2 Euro5 Engine Recall - Oil Pump

Not widely known, but if you have a 2.2 Ford Euro 5 engine in your Mk7 Transit or custom Transit, also fitted to Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Relay and in Landrover (not just Defender as its fitted to Freelander in certain countrys and evoque)

Model/Variant Assembly Plant Affected Build Periods (inclusive dates)

Transit -- Kocaeli from 1/10/2011 to 4/10/2013

3S549 - Transit Puma Oil Pump

Affected vehicles will be identified on OASIS. This Service Program is limited to only those vehicles that have been identified as high mileage usage/or with specific drive cycle conditions, within the build range shown below.

So if yours has recently blown up and its has service history you might be in with a chance of getting a new engine from Ford or if you already paid the cost you might also get something back but only if a main dealer has fitted the new engine..

for those already with a euro 5 make sure its serviced on time and maybe do a mini service in between and this isnt just a minor job either or something which slowly goes it just all of a happens goes, any knocks or rattles from the engine get it looked at now more than next week.

##
Moderation Note:
Can you please stick to Black plain standard text in posts as requested by admin. - roli
Mrgeoffrey
Mrgeoffrey
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by crisp Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Thanks Mojo that's very helpful. up! I think that it couldn't have been reset after its MOT and service in June I was worried about driving further but after 7+ hours on a very slow A303 I just needed to get home even if that ended up on the back of the RAC recovery van:smile!:
crisp
crisp
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crisp Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:01 pm

All done now and I can stop worrying. had to watch video twice as I didn't realise that I didn't need to find the menu section  for oil reset just push the pedals , thanks for your help
crisp
crisp
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down